ST floppy drive replacement

Post by Don » Mon, 26 Jun 2000 04:00:00

Im looking for a replacement for a ST internal drive.  I want to use the
original faceplate.  I know the epson SMD-340 (1.44mb) will accept the
faceplate with the small eject button will the SMD-300(720K) also accept
this faceplate?

Thanks Don

Post by Don » Tue, 27 Jun 2000 04:00:00

> > Im looking for a replacement for a ST internal drive.  I want to use the
> > original faceplate.  I know the epson SMD-340 (1.44mb) will accept the
> > faceplate with the small eject button will the SMD-300(720K) also accept
> > this faceplate?

> Read the Atari ST Quick FAQ (http://bales.online.fr/atari) which among
> others refers to a file which I made explaining the whole deal
> (including the front panel as I didn't want to mess up my computer
> either).

I have found the FAQ on this subject to be useless.  Dont get me wrong the
FAQ  may help someone wack the heck out of a floppy drive but,  thats not what
I want to do.  I want something that can accept the faceplate and be used
without worrying about damaging something or something coming unglued.  That
is why I asked about the SMD-300.  The drives in the Atari computers are just
like anything else,  there is a replacement for them its just finding the
correct one.

Don

ST floppy drive replacement

Post by Sheldon H. Winic » Thu, 29 Jun 2000 04:00:00

Don,

Actually the drive Atari used was the SMD380.   I still have a NEW one in
the Atari parts cabinet with the custom Atari faceplate already mounted.
You can have it for $30 plus shipping.  Reply in Email if interested.

Sheldon

> Im looking for a replacement for a ST internal drive.  I want to use the
> original faceplate.  I know the epson SMD-340 (1.44mb) will accept the
> faceplate with the small eject button will the SMD-300(720K) also accept
> this faceplate?

> Thanks Don

1. Mitsumi Floppy Drive-replacement 1040ST drive

I need to replace the floppy drive in my 1040ST and have picked up a
Mitsumi D359T3. I understand you can use a 1.4 MEG drive but will only
be able to read and format 720k, which is okay for my use. I have found
the jumper settings on the internet for this model. However, they give
what they call numeric codes and alphabetical codes and twisted cable
and straight cable for both A and B. What are these? I was expecting
settings for just plain A or B.  I have also heard that you have to
reverse the cable in the 1040ST from what you would normally expect. Is
this correct? How do I arrange the pin alignment? Perhaps this drive
won't even work?

Thanks for the help.

Alyre Chiasson

2. splitting 'To:' information

3. Replacement ST Floppy Drive

4. Mouse Driver for Win 95 Ideal/Alphacom Mouse

5. WTB: Replacement STE floppy drive!

6. pas: tv in bp versus bc

7. replacement floppy drive

8. Keyboard Plus

9. Floppy Drive Replacement?

10. Floppy Drive Replacement

11. Floppy Drive replacement for 1040st

12. WTB: MEGA ST floppy replacement

13. Floppy drive rigged to external floppy port?