Magic Error Message

Post by Thomas Jorda » Tue, 27 Feb 2001 07:00:15

What does the following message indicate when using magic.

68000 Exception (error#69).

This happens after between 30 - 45 mins use.

nearly all programs effected e.g. papyrus, texel, artworx, luna etc, etc.

problem never occurred on 4mb falcon

Magic Error Message

Post by J”rgen Nybe » Tue, 27 Feb 2001 09:19:19

>What does the following message indicate when using magic.

>68000 Exception (error#69).

>This happens after between 30 - 45 mins use.

>nearly all programs effected e.g. papyrus, texel, artworx, luna etc, etc.

>problem never occurred on 4mb falcon

>.

Hi Thomas

If it always happen after 30-45 min use, my bet would be,
overheating. If you have installed any extra cards in your Falcon,
then it's very likely.

Cheer's Jrgen

 Jrgen Nyberg
    Milan 48Mb ram, 15 Gb HD,16x CD, Naes2, Mint 1.15, Nvdi 4.11
         Cab 2.8, Newsie 0.96, aICQ (UIN=64141290), MyMail
   SAK member 104 SAK= Svenska Atari Klubben (Swedish Atari Club)
                  http://nyberg.atari.org/index.html

Magic Error Message

Post by Lyndon Amsd » Wed, 28 Feb 2001 06:49:34

Quote:>What does the following message indicate when using magic.

>68000 Exception (error#69).

>This happens after between 30 - 45 mins use.

>nearly all programs effected e.g. papyrus, texel, artworx, luna etc, etc.

>problem never occurred on 4mb falcon

The equvilant to that message under TOS is two bombs from my
investigations.  I get it quite often on my Falcon, more than my
trusty STe.

What do you mean by it not occuring on 4mb Falcon?  What machine
did/does it occur on?

Lyndon Amsdon
--
  +---------------------------+

  +---------------------------+

1. MagiC Message Board now on MagiC Online

Hello everyone,
I have replaced the Trouble Shooting section of MagiC Online with a CAB
friendly general purpose message board. Please use it to post your questions
regarding MagiC, Anouncements about new MagiC related events/ releases,or
just MagiC Talk etc etc.  If you have a trouble you need help with, no
longer must you email me to put it on the troubleshooting page, just post it
and other can reply.
Well, I just stuck up the board about 10 minutes ago so no one has posted to
it yet, why not be the first one? :-)

Regards,
Bengy

MagiC Online http://bengy.atari.org

Please note: The huge download section is currently offline as I am having
some trouble transfering my archive to atari.org, but I have sent email to
the admin and will hopefully be 100% up + new additions very soon.

2. FS A4000 MB and Cyberstorm III

3. Message sent in error

4. Recommendation

5. "create error"-TT message?

6. IDE HELP

7. Forcing the STe DMA/harddisk error message to appear

8. Error message from CAB_OVL and other things.

9. Error messages

10. STiK/CAB error message new to me

11. Setup Mint/GEM, strange error message in Mint