Game-DOS Source available?

Post by Carsten Strotman » Fri, 21 Feb 2003 18:21:34

Hello,

for a specific problem, I need to tweak a so called Mini- or Game-DOS. This
is a minimal DOS for starting Games on Disks with a low-memory footprint.
There are several available in binary-form, like Pico-DOS, Game-DOS ...

Does anyone know if there is Source-Code for such Mini-DOS available with a
license that permits changes and republishing?

Best regards

Carsten Strotmann

Game-DOS Source available?

Post by Janka Gerhar » Sat, 22 Feb 2003 17:27:46

> Hello,

> for a specific problem, I need to tweak a so called Mini- or Game-DOS. This
> is a minimal DOS for starting Games on Disks with a low-memory footprint.
> There are several available in binary-form, like Pico-DOS, Game-DOS ...

> Does anyone know if there is Source-Code for such Mini-DOS available with a
> license that permits changes and republishing?

I never saw any sources but IIRC about 15 years ago I disassembled one
and changed it to my needs. Never gave my version to anybody else.
But if you don't get sources from somewhere on the net, I could look
whether I can find my sources somewhere. BTW, I wrote them in MAC/65.

Gerhard