Best Budget ST Sequencer?

Post by Andrew Oakl » Wed, 17 Mar 1993 00:42:37

   I am looking to get myself a Yamaha SY35 synth, and already have a 1Mb
Atari ST with DS drive and mono monitor. I know very little about MIDI,
sequencers or synths, but have a good practical musical knoweldge.

   What is the best sequencer for under 100 UK pounds? I am particularly
after something which allows me to set up drum rhythms easily, and with which
I can create a few phrases of music and then copy and arrange them to fill
out a whole song (eg. just play a bass line once, then transpose & copy it
for the rest of the piece).

   Suggestions, particularly from those who already use a certain package,
welcome here or to my mailbox. Thanks.

IBM Warwick, UK (I speak FROM IBM, not FOR IBM)    UK Tel. 0926 464830
Which is the most improbable; Goths in the charts or a Journalist with
an open mind? Rosetta Stone- On The Side Of Angels compilation out now

Best Budget ST Sequencer?

Post by mfall.. » Wed, 17 Mar 1993 23:45:37

>    I am looking to get myself a Yamaha SY35 synth, and already have a 1Mb
> Atari ST with DS drive and mono monitor. I know very little about MIDI,
> sequencers or synths, but have a good practical musical knoweldge.

>    What is the best sequencer for under 100 UK pounds? I am particularly
> after something which allows me to set up drum rhythms easily, and with which
> I can create a few phrases of music and then copy and arrange them to fill
> out a whole song (eg. just play a bass line once, then transpose & copy it
> for the rest of the piece).

>    Suggestions, particularly from those who already use a certain package,
> welcome here or to my mailbox. Thanks.

> IBM Warwick, UK (I speak FROM IBM, not FOR IBM)    UK Tel. 0926 464830
> Which is the most improbable; Goths in the charts or a Journalist with
> an open mind? Rosetta Stone- On The Side Of Angels compilation out now

I currently use Band-In-A-Box to do what you are suggesting.  I also
have Tiger Cub but Band-In-A-Box is an excellent program for recording
a few measures, then filling in the rest of the song.  It also comes
with many different rhythm patterns built in.  I think most any issue
of Keyboard magazine has an adverti*t for the product.

I'm in no way affiliated with them, just a satisfied customer.

Mark Falleroni

Best Budget ST Sequencer?

Post by Daniel James Frederiks » Fri, 19 Mar 1993 11:16:10

Quote:>>    What is the best sequencer for under 100 UK pounds? I am particularly

try looking around for used software. i found a relatively recent version of
C-Lab's Creator in a local keyboard shop for US$80.

dan

Best Budget ST Sequencer?

Post by Bob Erka » Thu, 25 Mar 1993 19:22:01

>   I am looking to get myself a Yamaha SY35 synth, and already have a 1Mb
>Atari ST with DS drive and mono monitor. I know very little about MIDI,
>sequencers or synths, but have a good practical musical knoweldge.

>   What is the best sequencer for under 100 UK pounds? I am particularly
>after something which allows me to set up drum rhythms easily, and with which
>I can create a few phrases of music and then copy and arrange them to fill
>out a whole song (eg. just play a bass line once, then transpose & copy it
>for the rest of the piece).

>   Suggestions, particularly from those who already use a certain package,
>welcome here or to my mailbox. Thanks.

Well I'm not sure about 'the best' but Barefoot Software's Edit Track is a fine
program and is available for less than $100. If you have specific questions feel
free to send them my way.

Bob

Best Budget ST Sequencer?

Post by Bryan L » Fri, 26 Mar 1993 16:19:17

So, ah, has anyone seen Falcons (ready to be sold) in the USA?
Anyone checked out this Toad place, wherever it is?  I'm ready to
see one in action!

     ____  /      /
    /     /      /
   ____         /
  /     /      /
_______/    ________/

Best Budget ST Sequencer?

Post by Danny Grah » Wed, 31 Mar 1993 23:11:06

>>   I am looking to get myself a Yamaha SY35 synth, and already have a 1Mb
>>Atari ST with DS drive and mono monitor. I know very little about MIDI,
>>sequencers or synths, but have a good practical musical knoweldge.

>>   What is the best sequencer for under 100 UK pounds? I am particularly
>>after something which allows me to set up drum rhythms easily, and with which
>>I can create a few phrases of music and then copy and arrange them to fill
>>out a whole song (eg. just play a bass line once, then transpose & copy it
>>for the rest of the piece).

>>   Suggestions, particularly from those who already use a certain package,
>>welcome here or to my mailbox. Thanks.

>Well I'm not sure about 'the best' but Barefoot Software's Edit Track is a fine
>program and is available for less than $100. If you have specific questions feel
>free to send them my way.
>Bob

You could also try Gajits "Sequencer One" which was given away on an ST Format
cover disk, or their more recent one "Breakthru".

Danny

Best Budget ST Sequencer?

Post by David Valentine-Haga » Thu, 01 Apr 1993 21:53:49

>>>   I am looking to get myself a Yamaha SY35 synth, and already have a 1Mb
>>>Atari ST with DS drive and mono monitor. I know very little about MIDI,
>>>sequencers or synths, but have a good practical musical knoweldge.

>>>   What is the best sequencer for under 100 UK pounds? I am particularly
>>>after something which allows me to set up drum rhythms easily, and with which
>>>I can create a few phrases of music and then copy and arrange them to fill
>>>out a whole song (eg. just play a bass line once, then transpose & copy it
>>>for the rest of the piece).

>>>   Suggestions, particularly from those who already use a certain package,
>>>welcome here or to my mailbox. Thanks.

>>Well I'm not sure about 'the best' but Barefoot Software's Edit Track is a fine
>>program and is available for less than $100. If you have specific questions feel
>>free to send them my way.

>>Bob

>You could also try Gajits "Sequencer One" which was given away on an ST Format
>cover disk, or their more recent one "Breakthru".

>Danny

You could also check out Steinberg's Cubeat and the more recent Cubase Lite.
I use Cubase V2 and it's whole graphical approach to recording and arranging
is sooo easy !!.

Dave V-H

1. Best Font, was Re: Best Newsreader

Hi,

love to fool around sometimes...

You definitely need Rufus T-mail ANSI font for this, or Connect ANSI

Another combo:

Cheek-to-cheek, so-to-speak...

Next one:

Pippi Whatshername? Langstruppen/Langstroeppen

Try #somuch:

Kellis, after "discovering" MagiC  :-)))))))))))))))))))))))))

(Sorry Katherine, couldn't resist!)

OK, let's rename this thread The Ultimate Smiley Contest...

--
CU NeXT msg,
                   ____________________________________

                  |   http://www.holleman.demon.nl     |
                  |____________________________________|

2. Discounts on Netra?

3. FS: "budget" cassette games - 50p each

4. Neat About Box

5. seeking personal home budget software reviews

6. State of y2k preparedness in Canada?

7. Checkbook/budget program

8. International Considerations

9. FS: ROMs Disks APX Disks Full Priced Tapes Budget Tapes Books

10. New 'budget' Atari 8-bit CD-ROM from DGS

11. FS: Atari "budget" price cassettes (originals)

12. good budget/home account package??

13. Checkbook/budgets, etc.