GULAM beta (bug???)

Post by Martin Wiedmey » Fri, 02 Nov 1990 03:36:00

        I have had NO luck running the latest version of GULAM from an AUTO
folder at boot. I'd like not to go thru a GEM boot just to run another shell!

        The previous, alpha, version ran from an AUTO folder without any
problems at all. Am I the only one who has had this trouble? Is there anyone
who has any tips on how to help me get it perform as desired?

        To be honest, I am really not the only one who has this same trouble
with GULAM. My cohort has had much computer experience too. Is there something
which escapes us both?

        Your sage suggestions are anxiously awaited :-).

                Marty
--
|       Martin Wiedmeyer - Lake Systems, Milwaukee, WI                        |
|       UUCP: {ihnp4,uwvax}!uwmcsd1!lakesys!martin                            |

GULAM beta (bug???)

Post by Eric Gis » Fri, 02 Nov 1990 15:14:00

>    I have had NO luck running the latest version of GULAM from an AUTO
> folder at boot. I'd like not to go thru a GEM boot just to run another shell!

The new version assumes the A-line structure has been initialized,
which is not the case when AUTO programs are run.

I wrote a short program to initialize it (by using v_openwk),
then Pexec \bin\gulam.prg.  I'll send you a copy, or post it if there is demand.

1. (beta) Gulam keyboards

Well folks, I just received the GULAM.PRG program, binaries only, from the
kind soul cc'ed above.  It looks great but does seem to require an American
keyboard -- at first glance.  I was just looking around some old Info-Atari16
Digests hanging around -- as well as at GULAM's binary code on Unix GNU emacs,
in order to find the keytables.  As mentioned, I do not have the Gulam
documentation.  I have a French keyboard!!

I was expecting to have to edit Gulam's keytables, etc. in order to use it
on my 1040 ST.  WELL, to my surprise the answer is NO!!!!  I don not know
if Axel Mahler has modified the Gulam that he sent me or not.  (Please
confirm, Axel.)  In my version of Gulam.prg the "help" key is bound to a
simple help description of gulam.  Well, if I enter shift-"help" two things
happen:

        1)      The "help" description is disabled from the "help" key.

        2)      My French AZERTY keyboard is completely recognized by
                Gulam, for all the std. ascii characters.  The French
                accents, which I believe are over 7F hex, remain unbound.

If I now type "help" on the keyboard, that reactivates the "help" key
binding and reestablishs the American keyboard description.

Has anybody else recognized this functionality of Gulam?  No editing of
GULAM.PRG was necessary.  Great, isn't it!!!!!

Ralph P. Sobek                 | UUCP:  uunet!mcvax!inria!lasso!ralph,    or

=  =  =  =  =  =  =  =  =  =  =  =  =  =  =  =  =  =  =  =  =  =  =  =  =  =  =

2. Confused...

3. Gulam (Beta Test Release)

4. Outlook Express blocked attachments

5. Gulam Beta version and UK keyboard

6. can't read UDF CD-R on Win NT ?

7. (Beta) Gulam Key table

8. WTB: Indy R4600SC

9. Fix bugs to fix bugs, or to Fix Bugs?

10. BETA TOS BUG discussion

11. gulam ls bug?

12. Bug in gulam alpha version - (nf)

13. Beta ROMs and bug reporting.