Palm and Cardfile 4

Post by Joseph D. Pla » Sun, 24 Aug 2003 09:31:12

Has anyone written a program to sync a Palm OS device to
ST/Falcon/TT.  It would be great to be able to sync to Cardfile 4.

--
Joseph D. Place
ATARI Falcon030, 1040STe, STacy4, Portfolio, 130XE, 400

Palm and Cardfile 4

Post by Kenneth Medi » Sun, 24 Aug 2003 18:42:25

Joseph D. Place wrote on Sat 23-08-2003 00:31 (GMT):

Quote:>Has anyone written a program to sync a Palm OS device to
>ST/Falcon/TT.  It would be great to be able to sync to Cardfile 4.

Seems a bit complicated as "syncing" means tampering with various data
from the Palm and without exact knowledge of how the data is organized
difficult to do, I guess...

I can however get my Windows CE computer to connect to my Atari using
tcp/ip over the sync cable using STinG. Makes it possible to transfer
files.

You can even read mail and surf the web, which is impossible using a pc
and ActiveSync!

Instructions for setting this up is on my homepage. I guess things are a
bit different with a Palm, though...

--

    Atari TT at home: http://atari.mine.nu/
  <<Produced with 100% pure Atari equipment>>

Palm and Cardfile 4

Post by Peter Sle » Tue, 26 Aug 2003 05:21:19

Quote:>Has anyone written a program to sync a Palm OS device to
>ST/Falcon/TT.  It would be great to be able to sync to Cardfile 4.

>--
>Joseph D. Place
>ATARI Falcon030, 1040STe, STacy4, Portfolio, 130XE, 400

Hi,

Pilot link has been ported from unix and there is a PIM
called J-Pilot which will run in an X11 Server window
(under Mint). This will sync the Address book, Diary,
ToDo and Notebook but I don't know about Cardfile.

I can sync and back-up my Handspring Prism over a serial
cradle using J-Pilot.

Have a look on the Sparemint pages for info.

Regards,

Peter

Palm and Cardfile 4

Post by David Wad » Tue, 26 Aug 2003 06:24:53

> Joseph D. Place wrote on Sat 23-08-2003 00:31 (GMT):

> >Has anyone written a program to sync a Palm OS device to
> >ST/Falcon/TT.  It would be great to be able to sync to Cardfile 4.

> Seems a bit complicated as "syncing" means tampering with various data
> from the Palm and without exact knowledge of how the data is organized
> difficult to do, I guess...

> I can however get my Windows CE computer to connect to my Atari using
> tcp/ip over the sync cable using STinG. Makes it possible to transfer
> files.

> You can even read mail and surf the web, which is impossible using a pc
> and ActiveSync!

If you have PC2002 and Active Sync 3.5 then you do get passthru connection
to the Internet.
You can read your e-mail and surf the net.

Post by Kenneth Medi » Tue, 26 Aug 2003 08:02:49

David Wade wrote on Sun 24-08-2003 22:24 (+0100):

>> I can however get my Windows CE computer to connect to my Atari using
>> tcp/ip over the sync cable using STinG. Makes it possible to transfer
>> files.

>> You can even read mail and surf the web, which is impossible using a pc
>> and ActiveSync!

>If you have PC2002 and Active Sync 3.5 then you do get passthru connection
>to the Internet.
>You can read your e-mail and surf the net.

With my old CE 2.0 Cassiopeia you can't and I'm using ActiveSync 3.7.
With STinG on the other hand all you have to do is use the Dialer. When
you enable the serial port the Cassiopeia wakes up (if it was powered
down) and when you click connect it gets connected in a couple of seconds
ready for any tcp/ip traffic. No extra software needed.

It's a pity the MS guys can't handle that as WinCE 2.0 really is up to
the task. I suppose they play with som proxy stuff instead of a real
subnet and use som propritaire protocols to get the data over to the
Pocket PC.