"Interface"

Post by Nurm » Fri, 21 Aug 1998 04:00:00

I've heard others here mention a .RSC file editor called "INTERFACE", but I
had a look on a few FTP sites and came up empty handed.  Where can I find it
and what's the file name?

BTW:  Is there an English version?  If not, can anyone point me to a .RSC file
editor that _is_ English?

Thanks!

--

Paul Nurminen (aka Nurmix)

_/ Red Light 6 Studio - El Segundo, California
_/ Home of Nurmix Productions and NURVIS MUSIC

* SPAM ALERT! (Replace "ecncomr" with "Nurmix" to email)

"Interface"

Post by Uwe Seime » Fri, 21 Aug 1998 04:00:00

> I've heard others here mention a .RSC file editor called "INTERFACE", but I
> had a look on a few FTP sites and came up empty handed.

INTERFACE is commercial software, i. e. it's not available by ftp. I'm
not quite sure if it's still available. There is no English version as
far as I know.

          Dr. Uwe Seimet     | I really hate this damned machine,
                             |     I wish that they would sell it.

     WWW: http://acp5.chemie.uni-kl.de/seimet/index.html

"Interface"

Post by Terry & Karen Ro » Fri, 21 Aug 1998 04:00:00

Quote:>I've heard others here mention a .RSC file editor called "INTERFACE", but I
>had a look on a few FTP sites and came up empty handed.  Where can I find it
>and what's the file name?

>BTW:  Is there an English version?  If not, can anyone point me to a .RSC file
>editor that _is_ English?

>Thanks!

>--

>Paul Nurminen (aka Nurmix)

Hi Paul,

  Don't know about Interface - but here's the FILE_ID.DIZ for RSM211E
===
  ResourceMaster v.2.11e, Shareware RSC file editor, programmed by Armin
Diedering. Can read/write >64Kb RSC files (AES 4/Interface format).
Integrated icon editor supports CICONS (colour icons) - ideal for editing
Thing/jinnee icon files. Includes ST-Guide hypertext format documentation.
*** Official English archive released by InterActive ***
===

I forget the Interactive ftp address... something like
ftp.sofa.dartnet.ac.uk (or .co.uk or something)

Terry
--

http://personalpages.tds.net/~tross3
The 'X-Files' ain't real life folks, sorry... To paraphrase Descartes:
                          SUM ERGO COGITO

"Interface"

Post by Roger Ca » Fri, 21 Aug 1998 04:00:00

Quote:>I've heard others here mention a .RSC file editor called "INTERFACE", but I
>had a look on a few FTP sites and came up empty handed.  Where can I find it
>and what's the file name?

That's bcause it's commercial, Paul :-)

Quote:>BTW:  Is there an English version?  If not, can anyone point me to a .RSC file
>editor that _is_ English?

Definitely - I have one. I'm not sure what the favourite PD RSC editor
is ATM. Perhaps someone will advise. I have, in the past, used ORCS
which was quite adequate and RSCMASTR. There are quite a few about.
Why not take a look in Jo Vanderweghe's site? He has them all nicely
catalogued there.

Roger Cain, Manchester, UK         NeST:90:100/103
TT  6Mb/MagiC 5/NVDI 4

"Interface"

Post by John Kormy » Fri, 21 Aug 1998 04:00:00

e > I've heard others here mention a .RSC file editor called
e > "INTERFACE", but I had a look on a few FTP sites and came up
e > empty handed.

You can purchase Interface with an English manual and GUI from
Gribnif.

___ Mountain Reader II - #00000053
--
|Fidonet:  John Kormylo 1:106/7861

"Interface"

Post by B » Fri, 21 Aug 1998 04:00:00

Quote:>I've heard others here mention a .RSC file editor called "INTERFACE", but I
>had a look on a few FTP sites and came up empty handed.  Where can I find it
>and what's the file name?

>BTW:  Is there an English version?  If not, can anyone point me to a .RSC file
>editor that _is_ English?

>Thanks!

>--

>Paul Nurminen (aka Nurmix)

>_/ Red Light 6 Studio - El Segundo, California
>_/ Home of Nurmix Productions and NURVIS MUSIC

>* SPAM ALERT! (Replace "ecncomr" with "Nurmix" to email)

Hello,
Interface *is* a commercial program, so you wont find it on any
legal FTP sites :-)
But dont worry, a very good resource editor which is still being
developed is called ResourceMaster, and there are english versions available..
I think from *STryder? But Im not too sure.. anyone know for sure?
Bengy

If anything I've said strikes you as baloney, then by all means,
don't swallow it.  Trust yourself, and I will trust me.

Personal Web Page - http://www.veryComputer.com/*t/index.htm
MagiC OS Support Page - http://www.veryComputer.com/

"Interface"

Post by Paul Nurmin » Fri, 21 Aug 1998 04:00:00

Quote:>You can purchase Interface with an English manual and GUI from
>Gribnif.

Thanks for the info.  I had heard others mention the program here, but never
realized it was commercial.  And seeing as I only want to edit a couple of
things in my MAGXDESK.RSC file, I think I'll look at some of the other PD
editors mentioned here.

Quote:>___ Mountain Reader II - #00000053

I used Mountain Reader II (and registered it too!) back when I was on a BBS
that had .QWK messages. It's a nice program.  Too bad I don't really have a
need for it now, I did enjoy using it.  So I'm guessing you're using a
BBS to get your newsgroups and reading them with MRII...

--

Post by JI Log » Fri, 21 Aug 1998 04:00:00

| . . .
|BTW:  Is there an English version?  If not, can anyone point me to a .RSC file
|editor that _is_ English?
| . . .

I suppose there there is still Wercs - I got a copy very early on
and never upgraded so I don't know how good it got. HiSoft might
still be supplying it.

John Logan

"Interface"

Post by Dan Wil » Sat, 22 Aug 1998 04:00:00

> e > I've heard others here mention a .RSC file editor called
> e > "INTERFACE", but I had a look on a few FTP sites and came up
> e > empty handed.

> You can purchase Interface with an English manual and GUI from
> Gribnif.

Sorry, not any more. We have run out of inventory and the company that had
the rights to the English manual no longer exists.

Dan Wilga                     Tel/Fax: (413) 532-2434
Gribnif Software                  Web: www.pair.com/gribnif

Northampton, MA 01061-0779

"Interface"

Post by Peter A Wes » Sat, 22 Aug 1998 04:00:00

Quote:>I've heard others here mention a .RSC file editor called "INTERFACE", but I
>had a look on a few FTP sites and came up empty handed.  Where can I find it
>and what's the file name?

You *shouldn't* find it on any ftp site - it's commercial! Sold by
Floppyshop for ?25. Well worth the money - it's very good and stable.

Quote:>BTW:  Is there an English version?  If not, can anyone point me to a .RSC file
>editor that _is_ English?

Yes, this is an English version, based on my translation for Compo and
revised for a new editin by Tom Thomason. There is a Shareware program
called ResourceMaster available (supported by TransActive) but there
have been reports that it messes up some RSC files and I have had some
redraw problems after it terminates. Worth a try though, as long as you
work on a copy of the RSC file and not the original.

Regards
         Peter

"Interface"

Post by Peter A Wes » Sun, 23 Aug 1998 04:00:00

Quote:>Sorry, not any more. We have run out of inventory and the company that had
>the rights to the English manual no longer exists.

You can get my translation of the software with a revised version of the
manual from Tom Thomason at V?derlekstorget 12, S-418 32 Gothenburg,
Sweden. Tel/Fax +46 31 54 55 26 or +46 33 28 48 54. In the UK,
FLoppyshop are the distributors (Tel/Fax 44 1224 586 208) and the
package here cost UKP 25 (plus p&p?).

Regards
        Peter

"Interface"

Post by Martin-Eric Racin » Mon, 31 Aug 1998 04:00:00

Yes, there were English, French and German versions.  Last English version
was 2.30 AFAIK.  German was 2.33.

> > I've heard others here mention a .RSC file editor called "INTERFACE", but I
> > had a look on a few FTP sites and came up empty handed.

> INTERFACE is commercial software, i. e. it's not available by ftp. I'm
> not quite sure if it's still available. There is no English version as
> far as I know.

> --
>           Dr. Uwe Seimet     | I really hate this damned machine,
>                              |     I wish that they would sell it.

>      WWW: http://acp5.chemie.uni-kl.de/seimet/index.html

1. STacy 4 sale """""""""""""""""""""""""""

STacy

All the normal things that come with a STacy, PLUS:

FOUR megs of RAM
130 meg Hard Drive
Installed and working ADspeed board ( software or hardware switchable
External Keyboard port, just plug in a Mega ST(e) Keyboard
(keyboard not included)
Extention cord for a keyboard, compute from across the room
Wired for a battery (battery included but not very good)

Cost $  Make REASONABLE Offer

2. Problems printing PDF to Canon BJC-2100

3. Status of "Interface"?

4. WTB: Geos 1.0 or higher

5. "Big" screen, flickering, "R: "/"Z:", etc

6. HELP: Matlab with Linux Debian 2.2 (frozen): WHICH LIBRARYES ?

7. Looking for "CyberStudio", "Cyber 3D", "CyberPaint", etc.

8. Where can I get "op_400," "op_sysxl," or "op_5200" emulators?

9. Adventures "Seramis" and "Mord an Bord"

10. "New"vs"Old" Qix, DigDug?

11. Sorry, "Asskicker" is NOT "Doom!"

12. Need: 2 Atari 800 games, "Quarxon" and "Caterpiggle"