Adventures "Seramis" and "Mord an Bord"

Post by Alexander Schiebe » Tue, 23 Jan 2001 02:52:52

Can anyone help me? I've just gotten an emulator and been looking for two
favourite adventures of mine.
The first was named "Seramis" in German, I don't know what its English title
was or if it even has been translated. It was based on the same engine as
the adventure "Atlantis". My mother and I spent months of playing this until
we found out about a bug on Disc 4 right at the end of the game. :-(
The same was with "Mord an Bord" (which means * on board), which was a
great text-only adventure. Unfortunately I never got past the discovery of
the dead body, for there too was a bug on the Disc. :-((
Now I'm desperately looking for those games. They have been published or
created (?) by Axis Software (if that helps). Unfortunately the Atari games
search engine didn't come up with anything, so I thought perhaps one of you
knows something about those games.

Thank you!

Btw: It's nice to see that there's such a large fan community about the
Atari 8 bits!

Nice greetings

:-) Alexander

Adventures "Seramis" and "Mord an Bord"

Post by Andreas Magenheime » Wed, 24 Jan 2001 00:48:24

Hi there !
Sereamis and Atlantis (of AXIS/Ariola fame) appeared only in german
language or as german versions. Both are now Public Domain, since the
authors of both games gave them free around 1989 (an article appeared in
the old Atari magazin and from that time on the games can be found in
many german PD libraries). The PD version differs from the commercial or
pirated version, the PD one has no title screen or title music (from
Kemal Ezcan), it directly starts the game. Unfortunately the bug (found
at the end of the game Atlantis) still remains in the PD version...

Well, "Mord an Bord" was it one of Ataris own titles (published by Atari
Germany/Hamburg, like some other -german only- games) ?? Ask Wolfgang
Burger / ABBUC, he may have one left. But maybe the game is also known
as "* on the Zinderneuf". I am not sure about that, since I do not
know them very well. * on the Zinderneuf appeared via Activision
(or EA?), I guess. The disk version had an LP-style package...  -Andreas

P.S.: games from Atari Germany:   - Karriere
                                  - Oelbaron
    (german only, I believe)      - Schloss des Grauens
                                  - etc.

Alexander Schiebel schrieb:

Quote:

> Can anyone help me? I've just gotten an emulator and been looking for two
> favourite adventures of mine.
> The first was named "Seramis" in German, I don't know what its English title
> was or if it even has been translated. It was based on the same engine as
> the adventure "Atlantis". My mother and I spent months of playing this until
> we found out about a bug on Disc 4 right at the end of the game. :-(
> The same was with "Mord an Bord" (which means * on board), which was a
> great text-only adventure. Unfortunately I never got past the discovery of
> the dead body, for there too was a bug on the Disc. :-((
> Now I'm desperately looking for those games. They have been published or
> created (?) by Axis Software (if that helps). Unfortunately the Atari games
> search engine didn't come up with anything, so I thought perhaps one of you
> knows something about those games.

> Thank you!

> Btw: It's nice to see that there's such a large fan community about the
> Atari 8 bits!

> Nice greetings

> :-) Alexander

Adventures "Seramis" and "Mord an Bord"

Post by Andr » Wed, 24 Jan 2001 06:13:29

Quote:> Well, "Mord an Bord" was it one of Ataris own titles (published by Atari
> Germany/Hamburg, like some other -german only- games) ??

"Mord an Bord" was made by AXIS and published by Ariola. It came in a huge,
LP-like flat box that was so typical for AXIS/ARIOLA software boxes.

Quote:> But maybe the game is also known
> as "* on the Zinderneuf".

Definitively not. The scene of 'MaB' plays on a ship, an oceanliner if I remember
right. 'MuZ' has a Zeppelin as its playground...

Quote:>  * on the Zinderneuf

Electronic Arts.

There have been a lot of german only titles in the middle 80s released, even
Jump'n'Run (Schreckenstein - good one!, Cavelord).

Gruss,

Andre

1. STacy 4 sale """""""""""""""""""""""""""

STacy

All the normal things that come with a STacy, PLUS:

FOUR megs of RAM
130 meg Hard Drive
Installed and working ADspeed board ( software or hardware switchable
External Keyboard port, just plug in a Mega ST(e) Keyboard
(keyboard not included)
Extention cord for a keyboard, compute from across the room
Wired for a battery (battery included but not very good)

Cost $  Make REASONABLE Offer

2. Limiting Branch Access in CVS

3. "Big" screen, flickering, "R: "/"Z:", etc

4. Office 200 Customized Setttings

5. Where can I get "op_400," "op_sysxl," or "op_5200" emulators?

6. abort uninstaller

7. Looking for "CyberStudio", "Cyber 3D", "CyberPaint", etc.

8. CAB141a, "SSL mode" & "cgi.bin" pages

9. Tony C's "Knightmare" and "Captive"

10. 6502 "bug" or "quirk"

11. WTB: "Crypt of the Undead" and "The Nightmare"

12. Sorry, "Asskicker" is NOT "Doom!"