black bombs!

Post by urbanvelve » Mon, 25 Aug 2003 01:16:54

hi can anyone tell me why sometimes I get two little black bombs appear on
my monitor,
again it's my Atari ste..
I guess this is an indication that the system has locked up....
I just wondered if there was some sort of error code and that I could work
out from this what was wrong?

any help please...
now silly remarks......I'm very new to my Atari (I have spent 8 years
working with PC's and only 8 weeks with the STe)

www.urbanvelvet.co.uk

black bombs!

Post by Jim DeClerc » Mon, 25 Aug 2003 03:48:37

Two bombs is a bus error. Usually something tried to access memory
location zero, twice.

Three bombs is an address error.

More than this is usually repetitions of two and three bombs, although the
possible number goes up to 255 for User Interrupt Vector errors. Most of
them are no useful except to programmers.

: hi can anyone tell me why sometimes I get two little black bombs appear on
: my monitor,
: again it's my Atari ste..
: I guess this is an indication that the system has locked up....
: I just wondered if there was some sort of error code and that I could work
: out from this what was wrong?

: any help please...
: now silly remarks......I'm very new to my Atari (I have spent 8 years
: working with PC's and only 8 weeks with the STe)

: --

: ----------------------------------------------------------------------------
: -----------------------------------------
: www.urbanvelvet.co.uk

 \ /      ASCII ribbon campaign | I'm a .signature virus!       |
  X       against HTML mail     | Copy me into your ~/.signature|
 / \      and postings          | to help me spread!            |
.

black bombs!

Post by urbanvelve » Mon, 25 Aug 2003 18:45:19

thanks...

would this bus error be due to a software or a hardware issue..?

: --------------------------------------------------------------------------

> : -----------------------------------------
> : www.urbanvelvet.co.uk

> --
> --

>  \ /      ASCII ribbon campaign | I'm a .signature virus!       |
>   X       against HTML mail     | Copy me into your ~/.signature|
>  / \      and postings          | to help me spread!            |
> .

black bombs!

Post by Steve Swee » Tue, 26 Aug 2003 08:16:21

Hi "urbanvelvet"

Quote:> hi can anyone tell me why sometimes I get two little black bombs appear on
> my monitor, again it's my Atari ste..
> I guess this is an indication that the system has locked up....
> I just wondered if there was some sort of error code and that I could work
> out from this what was wrong?

Some more detail would be needed, what is it you're doing when your Atari
bomb's out?.

--

Regards Steve

Rope me a sheep and I'll make it smile.

black bombs!

in most cases, a software issue, for sure

: --------------------------------------------------------------------------

> --
> > : -----------------------------------------
> > : www.urbanvelvet.co.uk

> > --
> > --

> >  \ /      ASCII ribbon campaign | I'm a .signature virus!       |
> >   X       against HTML mail     | Copy me into your ~/.signature|
> >  / \      and postings          | to help me spread!            |
> > .

1. Real black high resolution colour

I have written a couple of prototype programs that display
high resolution (320 x 192) pictures. I have used a white
background and black foreground colour to draw the
picture. Now I try to use player/missile graphics patterns
changed line by line with display list interrupts to
fill limited areas with extra colour.

If one disregards the player/missile colour add-on for
a moment, it should be mentioned that the Atari's
high resolution graphics is not an independent colour.
The foreground colour is based on the background
colour. Only the brightness can be changed, it can be
set set from dark to bright in 8 levels.

I prefer what I call a real black colour to draw with
on a white background. So I used value 0 in address
709 and value 12 or 14 in address 710 (and in address
712 for the border).

But when I use the player/missile technique to add
colour, it looks as if the player colour interfers
with my fine black foreground and turns it into a
shade of the player colour.

Does anybody know if it has to be this way, or if
I can get a fine black colour even where it overlaps
a player/missile area?

I have tried to change bits 0-3 in address 623, but
no value seems to help.

Anders

2. HELP: PANASONIC KX-TD816 phone operation manual in HTML format

3. Need black write-protect labels

4. 216 fundamentals of internetworking

5. Black-box with big harddisk...

6. Which language should i choose

7. Black box power pinouts

8. ---Welcome to comp.lang.c++! Read this first.

9. black box questions

10. WTB : Black Box

11. Black Box floppy board

12. Black Box..