Quake v0.4 available (with sources)

Post by Patrice Mandi » Thu, 03 Feb 2000 04:00:00

Hello,

Here is a new Quake version for Atari, which should work on clones,
using the VDI. I consider it unstable, because many things were not
tested. Note: it needs a 030 or more, 8Mb Ram, MiNT.

If someone wants to recompile it for better versions
(030+FPU,040,060), it will be nice. There are lots of bugs that are
still here, so any help will be appreciated.

--
                                 Patrice Mandin

Web:  http://www.multimania.com/pmandin

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

Quake v0.4 available (with sources)

Post by Brian Van TIlbo » Fri, 04 Feb 2000 04:00:00

Quote:>Hello,

>Here is a new Quake version for Atari, which should work on clones,
>using the VDI. I consider it unstable, because many things were not
>tested. Note: it needs a 030 or more, 8Mb Ram, MiNT.

Although I am afraid to admit it. This may have just created the motivation
to install Mint on my Falcon:-).
Quote:>.

Quake v0.4 available (with sources)

Post by Patrice Mandi » Tue, 08 Feb 2000 04:00:00

Quote:> Although I am afraid to admit it. This may have just created the
> motivation to install Mint on my Falcon:-).

Well, I set the stack too small (128K). You just need 'stack'
(binutils-2.9.1) or 'fixstk' to set the stack to 256K or more. And it
will work under Tos.

--
                                 Patrice Mandin

Web:  http://www.multimania.com/pmandin

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

1. New Quake version available

Hello everybody,

Having a workable SDL version, I decided to test it with a huge program.
So I used Quake (or more precisely nuq, available at
http://www.quakeforge.net ). I compiled two versions. One is 68000
without FPU (works with STonX and Aranym), the other is 68020 or higher
with FPU (I can not test it). Video is supported via XBIOS or VDI.
Keyboard and mouse should work. You need a very fast machine. With STonX
and Aranym, I get 5 to 10 seconds per image).

I would like people having non standard Atari (with graphics boards,
accelerators, or clones) test it to verify if it works. And it can make a
good benchmark. I hope returns from the FPU version (specially on
040/060), because I do not know if it works.

About Quake with SDL:

XBIOS:
On [Mega]ST[E]/ST emulators , you get 320x200 in grey levels (4 planes).
On TT, 320x240 in 256 colours (8 planes).
On Falcon/Aranym, 320x200 (TV) 320x240 (VGA) in 256 colors (8 planes).

VDI (avoid multitasking OS and AES, like Magic or Mint):
320x200 8 bits with an equal or higher resolution.
With a graphics boards which provides a 1 byte/pixel mode, it should work.
Use the environmenet variable SDL_VIDEODRIVER=vdi to test this driver.

I do not spread a complete SDL version, because I would like to have a
GEM driver for video.

The archive on my web site is nuq-20011128.zip

--
Patrice Mandin
WWW: http://www.multimania.com/pmandin

2. help on CF Cards

3. WriteAtr V0.92 available

4. CW6 inline problem

5. CDLab v0.40 is available

6. Newbie confusion over which version does what...

7. Doom v0.20 available

8. Doom v0.21 available

9. Doom, Heretic, Hexen v0.23 available

10. v0.142 available