atari.archive.umich

Post by Thrashman Ste » Mon, 15 Mar 1993 12:16:47

Hey, does anyone know why I get the message 'access denied' when I try to
ftp a file for mthe 'New' directory at the atari.archive.umich.edu?
If you do know, how can I get permission to get the programs?

*steve miller
*dept. of electronics engineering
*cal poly slo

atari.archive.umich

Post by John Cord » Mon, 15 Mar 1993 22:50:15

Quote:> Hey, does anyone know why I get the message 'access denied' when I try to
> ftp a file for mthe 'New' directory at the atari.archive.umich.edu?
> If you do know, how can I get permission to get the programs?

> *steve miller
> *dept. of electronics engineering
> *cal poly slo

 You have to wait for stuff to be moved into the Newitems directory by the
managers of the archive.

John

atari.archive.umich

Post by mrz5.. » Tue, 16 Mar 1993 07:28:07

The umich archive has read protection on the files in the NEW directory.
You can look at what files are in there but you can't get them. The
reason for this is, I assume, is that they want to test the programs
for integrity and viruses before they put them out for the general public
to mess around with.

However, you CAN use the Newitems directory. That's where approved files
from New end up in about a week (for the most part).

 +--------------------------------------------+------------------------------+
 |          Michael "Zoooks!" Zucca           | Spam, spam, spam, spam, spam |

 |    Printing And Applied Computer Science   | Lovely spam, woderful spam!  |
 |   RIT - Rochester Institute Of Technology  | Shut up. Shut up! Shut Up!   |
 +--------------------------------------------+------------------------------+

atari.archive.umich

Post by Bob Erka » Wed, 24 Mar 1993 20:31:42

Quote:>Hey, does anyone know why I get the message 'access denied' when I try to
>ftp a file for mthe 'New' directory at the atari.archive.umich.edu?
>If you do know, how can I get permission to get the programs?

>*steve miller

You cannot access the files in the 'New' directory. These are recent uploads an
until the 'librarian' tests them and moves them to 'Newitems' you are out of
luck.

Bob

atari.archive.umich

Post by Bob_BobR_Rete.. » Fri, 26 Mar 1993 08:07:33

Speaking of the "New" directory at atari.archive, does anyone have a
copy of the program "ST-LOGIN"..?

It's been in the New directory for nearly a month, and I've had several
requests for it, but haven't been able to FTP it from atari.archive
since it's still "new"..

Checking other Atari FTP sites hasn't turned it up anywhere else either.

(Apparently it lets you control an ST remotely...)

If anyone could point me to a different site that has it, or has a
copy they could E-Mail me, you could make several Atari owners happy..!

Thanks...

BobR

1. New portfolio archive at atari.archive.umich.edu

There is a new archive now in place at atari.archive.umich.edu for atari
portfolio files.  For those of you unaware what the portfolio is, it is atari's
1 pounder 'Palm top' that runs dos 2.0 with limited bios.

portfolio users, and there was a demand for an ftp site, so here it is.  You
can find the portfolio directory via anonymous ftp to atari.archive.umich.edu
(terminator.cc.umich.edu) in the atari directory.  Seeing as how these files
are ms-dos, and not atari format, there is also a symbolic link for the
portfolio that can be found in the msdos directory.

Please send files, and please include an explanation of the source, use and
and other helpful information with each of the files.  Thanks and happy
programming.

swood

--

  UUCP:         ...!uunet!umich!{vela, argo, unix, nucleus}!swood

2. pam_krb5

3. What's wrong with atari@atari.archive.umich.edu

4. ***GRAMMAR ENGINE's NEW WEB SITE***

5. what happened to atari@atari.archive.umich.edu

6. FAQ: Linux/m68k (a free Unix-like OS for Amiga, Atari and VMEbus)

7. atari@atari.archive.umich.edu

8. FS: RiscPC CD-ROM drive

9. New atari.archive.umich.edu mirror

10. at800xl.zip uploaded to atari.archive.umich.edu

11. Atari.archive.umich.edu faq of sorts

12. atari.archive.umich.edu bi-annual faq

13. atari.archive.umich.edu to move