ZIP 100 Parallel on Atari

Post by Al Hartm » Tue, 01 May 2001 03:31:00

Hi,

Is there some shareware or commercial driver to allow a ZIP 100 to work on
an Atari ST?

This may be the least expensive solution for me to get a working mass
storage solution for my ST.

I have never been able to win an Auction on eBay for a HDD or ICD
Controller. People just bid them up a little too high.

Thanks!

Regards,
Al Hartman
http://www.geocities.com/alhartman

Join the Macintosh Emulation List...
http://www.topica.com/lists/Macemulist

"Why are we now travelling into space?  Why, indeed, did we trouble to look
past the next mountain?  Our prime obligation to ourselves is to make the
unknown known.  We are on a journey to keep an appointment with whatever we
are."
 -- Gene Roddenberry

ZIP 100 Parallel on Atari

Post by Uwe Seime » Tue, 01 May 2001 04:36:10

> Is there some shareware or commercial driver to allow a ZIP 100 to work on
> an Atari ST?

You need additional hardware for that. Woller Systems sells a ROM port
adapter for this purpose.

Quote:> This may be the least expensive solution for me to get a working mass
> storage solution for my ST.

If I remember the price correctly this is not cheaper than using an SCSI
adapter for the ACSI port. And it is definitely much slower as far as
transfer rates are concerned.

                                          http://www.seimet.de