"New"vs"Old" Qix, DigDug?

Post by bowlin » Thu, 06 Jan 2000 04:00:00

Does anyone own *both* released versions of these two games (there were TWO
versions of EACH game released), and are you willing to sell (or trade) the
"later" version (I have lots of fairly rare "800" carts & disk games)?

--Mark

"New"vs"Old" Qix, DigDug?

Post by Michael Curren » Fri, 07 Jan 2000 04:00:00

> Does anyone own *both* released versions of these two games (there were TWO
> versions of EACH game released), and are you willing to sell (or trade) the
> "later" version (I have lots of fairly rare "800" carts & disk games)?

Care to remind us about these different versions?

I've certainly heard of the different Dig Dug versions (Datasoft vs
Atari, probably?), but I don't remember hearing of different versions
of Qix.

-Michael

--

8-bit Atari FAQ and Vendor Lists, http://www.faqs.org/faqs/atari-8-bit/
StPaul Atari Computer Enthusiasts http://www.library.carleton.edu/space/

"New"vs"Old" Qix, DigDug?

Post by bowlin » Fri, 07 Jan 2000 04:00:00

Quote:>I've certainly heard of the different Dig Dug versions (Datasoft vs
>Atari, probably?), but I don't remember hearing of different versions
>of Qix.

The "second" release of Qix was a graphical update, although I forget the
version number (possibly "1.7"?)

"New"vs"Old" Qix, DigDug?

Post by John Hard » Fri, 07 Jan 2000 04:00:00

There were two versions of Dig Dug released from Atari on cart format.
One had graphical and gameplay enhancements. The second version of Qix
is noted as Qix Rev. 7

Don't forget the 2 versions of Final Legacy also.

Hope that helps,
John
www.atarihq.com
www.cgexpo.com

Quote:>>I've certainly heard of the different Dig Dug versions (Datasoft vs
>>Atari, probably?), but I don't remember hearing of different versions
>>of Qix.

>The "second" release of Qix was a graphical update, although I forget the
>version number (possibly "1.7"?)

"New"vs"Old" Qix, DigDug?

Post by Vidar » Fri, 07 Jan 2000 04:00:00

Final Legacy ? How do I know which version I have ? What's the differences ?

> There were two versions of Dig Dug released from Atari on cart format.
> One had graphical and gameplay enhancements. The second version of Qix
> is noted as Qix Rev. 7

> Don't forget the 2 versions of Final Legacy also.

> Hope that helps,
> John
> www.atarihq.com
> www.cgexpo.com

> >>I've certainly heard of the different Dig Dug versions (Datasoft vs
> >>Atari, probably?), but I don't remember hearing of different versions
> >>of Qix.

> >The "second" release of Qix was a graphical update, although I forget the
> >version number (possibly "1.7"?)

"New"vs"Old" Qix, DigDug?

Post by John Hard » Sat, 08 Jan 2000 04:00:00

On Thu, 6 Jan 2000 23:10:40 +0100, "Vidar \"Hawk\" Olavesen"

>Final Legacy ? How do I know which version I have ? What's the differences ?

There was an "international" version of Final Legacy that used icons
on the selection screen where you choose the type of combat you want.
The other version had text saying "surface to air", etc.

John
www.atarihq.com
www.cgexpo.com

1. STacy 4 sale """""""""""""""""""""""""""

STacy

All the normal things that come with a STacy, PLUS:

FOUR megs of RAM
130 meg Hard Drive
Installed and working ADspeed board ( software or hardware switchable
External Keyboard port, just plug in a Mega ST(e) Keyboard
(keyboard not included)
Extention cord for a keyboard, compute from across the room
Wired for a battery (battery included but not very good)

Cost $  Make REASONABLE Offer

2. fixing faded cases/plastic ??

3. "Big" screen, flickering, "R: "/"Z:", etc

4. OWA Setup

5. Looking for "CyberStudio", "Cyber 3D", "CyberPaint", etc.

6. adding to the mailing list.

7. Where can I get "op_400," "op_sysxl," or "op_5200" emulators?

8. Problem with Netsuite & Netcom ftp server. . .

9. Adventures "Seramis" and "Mord an Bord"

10. Sorry, "Asskicker" is NOT "Doom!"

11. Need: 2 Atari 800 games, "Quarxon" and "Caterpiggle"

12. WTF: Atari game "Qb" or "Cubie"

13. WTB: "Crypt of the Undead" and "The Nightmare"