What makes the best monitor?

Post by Andrew Kri » Thu, 21 Jun 1990 22:39:28

I just moved recently and had to give up the 19" TV I had been using as my
800/XE monitor for the last 9 years.  Now I don't have my old system set up
all.  I'm going into XE withdrawal!  Luckily I have my ST set up to keep me
from going catatonic.

Anyway, I want to set up the old XE again, and was wondering what is the best
monitor for an XE?  Does a composite monitor give you significantly better
resolution than a TV?  I like to play games, so is bigger better (i.e. stick
with a 19" TV).  Would a 13" TV suffice?  What are the best composite
monitors currently available?  Which have the best resolution?

Any advice is greatly appreciated.
=  Andrew Krieg                         Marvel Historian                =

= Sheriff Truman:  Do you think they spotted us?                        =
= Agent Cooper:    Gimme a doughnut.                    - Twin Peaks    =

1. Problem making up a monitor lead....

    I'm currently trying to make a lead to connect my ST to a Hitachi CPT 1444.
    Unfortunately it doesn't seem to want to work!

    Everything works except that the picture breaks up when there is a large
 amount of white on screen, to the extent that a totally white screen results
 in a loss of vertical lock/hold.
    I put this down to having used the composite video as the sync input!
 (Vertical Sync from the ST doesn't work at all)
    The Hitachi documentation refers to "Sync (-ve)" on the pin diagram whereas
 the ST documentation offers "Vertical Sync" & "Composite Video" pins.

    Can anyone tell me the correct way to do it? [please!!]

    Any help is greatly appreciated, Simon.

2. migrate forms2 to form3

3. -SC1224 monitor making high pitch noise...is it broke?

4. CaseVision Licensing

5. Want to buy Atari SC 1224 Monitor (Japan Made Model)

6. Vendo tutti i 216 fogli della citta Napoli in formato DWG

7. -SC1224 monitor making

8. Sparc 1 system

9. Making a monitor cable - what are the pinouts?

10. -SC1224 monitor making

11. Best Font, was Re: Best Newsreader

12. Best monitor for 8bit Atari

13. best offer takes it - 800 XL, monitor, software, magazines