C++ and Smalltalk for atari-st

Post by Ricardo Negre » Fri, 23 Aug 1991 00:34:46

I am looking for a C++ or/and smalltalk
compiler for Atari-1040-st
PD will be best but I would like to hear from any
moderately priced compilers.
Are there any C++ front ends that will generate
K & R C ?

Thank in advance for any info you can provide me with.

C++ and Smalltalk for atari-st

Post by Jwahar R. Bam » Mon, 26 Aug 1991 04:26:08

Quote:> I am looking for a C++ or/and smalltalk
> compiler for Atari-1040-st

        david boyce (uunet!sifvs3.SINet.SLB.COM!boyce) and myself
recently did a port of g++ version 1.39.1. it should be available on
atari.archive. it works in conjunction with gcc-1.40 its libs and
utilities, and share everything it can with gcc-1.40. it does not
depend on UNIXMODE being available. (btw: the linker was fixed to
handle set vectors correctly, instead of using weird hacks to handle
 constructors etc).

        Gnu smalltalk v1.1 has been ported to the ST too. It does
not include any of the traditional graphic environment of SmallTalk.

The above should both be available on atari.archive.umich.edu

commercially: ParcPlace SmallTalk-80 (i have version 2.3, but
understand that later versions are available too) is also available
from Georg Heeg. This is the real thing.

All of the above need a decently configured ST, with 4M memory needed
for any serious work.

cheers,
--
bang:   uunet!cadence!bammi                     jwahar r. bammi

GEnie:  J.Bammi
CIS:    71515,155