FAQ - environment varaibles for G++

Post by Andrew F Stratt » Tue, 03 Mar 1992 19:35:58

        To get G++ to work, you need to set the environment variables - it
took me a while to get them right, so I include my gulam.g file at the end of
this file for reference.

        If this is good enough - could someone add it to the FAQ.

        The file assumes that :

        1. all the C and C++ binaries are in d:\gnu\bin.
        2. all the C and C++ include files are in d:\gnu\include.
        3. all the C and C++ library files are in d:\gnu\lib.
        4. The C++ source may be anywhere (i.e. current directory).

        Bye for now,
          Andy.Stratton.

==========HERE GOES
alias more c:\bin\more.ttp
alias lo exit
alias l 'ls -F'
set prompt '$cwd>'
set histfile c:\history.g
set history 50
set gulam_help_file c:\gulam.hlp
set verbosity 2
alias mem 'echo "NOT AVAILABLE"'
#set show_mem 1
setenv HOME c:\
setenv PATH .,c:\bin,c:\tools,c:\tools\packers
set PATH .,c:\bin,c:\tools,c:\tools\packers
#
# set up commands for gcc and gas
#
# General
#
# NOTE: beginning with gcc V1.37, GNUINC and GNULIB can be
# ',' or ';' seperated list of dirs.
# gcc-cpp looks for GNUINC first, if not found then GNULIB
#
setenv SHELL c:\gulam\gulam.prg
#
#
alias lo exit
#
# set up commands for gcc and gas
#
alias cpp d:\gnu\bin\gcc-cpp
setenv cpp d:\gnu\bin\gcc-cpp.ttp
alias cc1 d:\gnu\bin\gcc-cc1
setenv cc1 d:\gnu\bin\gcc-cc1.ttp
alias gas d:\gnu\bin\gcc-as
setenv gas d:\gnu\bin\gcc-as.ttp
alias as d:\gnu\bin\gcc-as
setenv as d:\gnu\bin\gcc-as.ttp
alias link d:\gnu\bin\link
setenv link d:\gnu\bin\link.ttp
alias ar d:\gnu\bin\gcc-ar
setenv ar d:\gnu\bin\gcc-ar.ttp
alias ld d:\gnu\bin\gcc-ld
setenv ld d:\gnu\bin\gcc-ld.ttp
alias gcc d:\gnu\bin\gcc
setenv gcc d:\gnu\bin\gcc.ttp
alias g++ d:\gnu\bin\g++
setenv g++ d:\gnu\bin\g++.ttp
alias gdb d:\gnu\bin\gdb
setenv gdb d:\gnu\bin\gdb.ttp
#
alias cc d:\gnu\bin\gcc
setenv cc d:\gnu\bin\gcc.ttp
alias xcc d:\gnu\bin\gcc -Bc:\gnu\bin\x
setenv xcc d:\gnu\bin\gcc.ttp -Bc:\gnu\bin\x
#
#
# General
#
# NOTE: beginning with gcc V1.37, GNUINC and GNULIB can be
# ',' or ';' seperated list of dirs.
# gcc-cpp looks for GNUINC first, if not found then GNULIB
#
setenv GNUINC 'd:\gnu\include'
setenv GNULIB 'd:\gnu\lib'
setenv GCCEXEC d:\gnu\bin\gcc-
setenv TEMP m:
#setenv TEMP e:
cd c:\gnu\
rehash
--
        Parallel Processing Support Officer
        University of Wales College of Cardiff

1. "XF2 FAQ" aka the Unofficial Newbie/Emulator-users/etc Atari 8bit FAQ

I am WAY too tired (and lacking in new questions) to add anything to the FAQ,
but it WILL be posted on c.e.m from now on, and every new revision, I'll put a
note about it up here on c.s.a.8.  Hopefully, my FAQ will be noted in the
official c.s.a.8 FAQ and will be up at FTP sites so newbies can FIND it! :)

-bill

New Breed Software      / | \

2. Looking for simple MAPI client to be controlled by PERL (or command line)

3. Iomega Zip FAQ 1.6 (FAQ)

4. Problem using SCSI CD-ROM with NeXTstation

5. Read the FAQ? FAQ off!

6. hidden transparent full desktop window?

7. Graphics Operating Environment

8. Deleting/Purging multiple Datebook events?

9. Harald Striepe ... & environment poll...

10. MiNT KSH and environment variables

11. G++ Environment question

12. Environment file

13. Programming environments