Anyone want NEC P6/P7 driver for Ghostscript?

Anyone want NEC P6/P7 driver for Ghostscript?

Post by Stephan Neuhaus (HiWi Matte » Tue, 07 Apr 1992 19:12:34

Hi.

I'm going to write a NEC P6/P7 printer driver for Ghostscript.
Does anyone else want or need one?  Maybe someone has already
written one, so that I don't have to write it myself?

Please answer by email, and please make sure thatyou send mail

is a bug in our news software.)

Have fun.

--
+------- No .sig? OH, COME ON! --------+-"The derivative snuggles  close to-+

| snail mail: Stephan Neuhaus/Hilgard- | means; I'm too old for that"       |
| ring 32/6750 Kaiserslautern/Germany  |                       -- Math Prof |

1. gdos driver for nec p6/p22...

If I understand correctly, your complaint is that printing with GDOS takes
longer than printing without GDOS.  That's not a fault of GDOS (although
NVDI is faster); using a GDOS printer driver means you are using the
printer's bitmap graphics mode to print, rather than plain text.  Assuming
you use the same font size and a roughly equivalent font, you will be
sending at least 64 times as much data to print the letter "W" with GDOS; if
you have a 24-pin printer, you will be sending 576 times as much data.  Even
at parallel port speeds, sending this much data takes much longer.

----------------------http://www.teleport.com/~atari-----------------------
  ATARI COMPUTING - the new 60 PAGE printed magazine for all Atari users
     NEWS - GOSSIP - FEATURES - REVIEWS - HUMOUR - HOW TO DO IT - Q&A
          email for subscription details and further information

--------------------ftp://ftp.teleport.com/users/atari---------------------

2. Gateway Handbook???

3. GDOS device driver for NEC P6.

4. Child domain not shown in My Network Places

5. NEC P6 driver voor GDOS

6. Does Win95 update century byte on shutdown ??

7. GDOS printer drivers and fonts for NEC P6 and HP-Laserjet needed!

8. Beginning Robotics

9. NEC P6 PLUS

10. Wanted: NEC-P5 color driver

11. Ghostscript and NEC Printer

12. NEC GS2a multisync - Has anyone tried it?

13. Ghostscript SLM driver, GS icon.