Lan to serial null modem cable

Post by Bruno Kozlows » Mon, 11 Aug 1997 04:00:00

Hello dear all!

    I want to connect my Falcon Lan port to my STe Modem1 port. Which
cable do I need? Just a standard Mac modem cable (Lan <==> DB9/25), or
something like a null modem cable with 2 pins crossed? I went to a Mac
shop to ask, but they had no crossed cables and told me it doesn't exist,
and you can't link a Mac to an Atari (or PC) serial port... They seemed
astonished I could even imagine such a strange thing is possible :-|.

    BTW how can I redirect on a Falcon the AUX output to the Lan port with
progs not knowing other ports than Modem1, like NOS? And with MiNTnet I
guess I just give to pppd the parameter 'Serial2', it's the same thing,
right?

    Please mail me the reply, I'll summarize for the newsgroup. Followups
of this message set to my mailbox.

Thanks in advance!      Bruno.
--

        /* -==- A happy Falcon owner from France -==- */
        --- poor news feed:  please CC reply by mail ---

1. Building Null Cables LAN to RS232

I'm interested in making a quite long null modem cable to connect
a Mega 4 and a Falcon 030.  The question is, how many leads do I
REALLY need to do this? What pins should be connected?

This cable will be rather long, and I'd like to make it go from the
Mega's MIDI port to the Falcon's LAN port.

Thanks,
Brian

2. Help with mutually referencing templates & vectors.

3. lan port as serial(modem) port

4. Whats unique with IRIX 6.5 Trusted Hosts ?

5. one way comm with null modem cable

6. Need AS400 time via Internet

7. null modem cable for PC

8. Second Sight shipping March 1?

9. 800XL null-modem cable

10. NULL modem cable

11. Q: Null Modem cable

12. Connecting St to a Pentium via null modem cable

13. connecting falcon scc port to st rs-232 via null modem cable