Calamus SL

Post by Steven Constanti » Fri, 01 Jul 1994 01:52:45

Anyone know how good the PS/EPS import/export is, and what modules are
available for such operations.

Steven.

                             ...........still in a daze...

Calamus SL

Post by David Stevens » Sat, 02 Jul 1994 01:31:56

Quote:>Anyone know how good the PS/EPS import/export is, and what modules are
>available for such operations.

There is absolutely NO support for PS or EPS import or export in
Calamus SL.  By paying extra for the Bridge Module ($150 in the US, don't
know the UK price), you can get PS output.  It still does not seem to get
full PostScript support (eg still no support for Type 1 fonts).
--
David Stevenson,     JET Joint Undertaking     +44 235 465028

- Disclaimer: Please note that the above is a personal view and should not
  be construed as an official comment from the JET project.

Calamus SL

Post by Timothy Mill » Tue, 05 Jul 1994 03:53:46

: >Anyone know how good the PS/EPS import/export is, and what modules are
: >available for such operations.
: There is absolutely NO support for PS or EPS import or export in
: Calamus SL.  By paying extra for the Bridge Module ($150 in the US, don't
: know the UK price), you can get PS output.  It still does not seem to get
: full PostScript support (eg still no support for Type 1 fonts).

Yes, but as we've said COUNTLESS times, working from our EXPERIENCE with the
program, we do not NEED Postscript.  Calamus is faster without it, and
produces beautiful (if not superior) results.  It also does not need Type 1
fonts because Calamus fonts are of top quality and they render FASTER.

Calamus SL

Post by David Stevens » Thu, 07 Jul 1994 22:19:22

>: >Anyone know how good the PS/EPS import/export is, and what modules are
>: >available for such operations.
>: There is absolutely NO support for PS or EPS import or export in
>: Calamus SL.  By paying extra for the Bridge Module ($150 in the US,...
>Yes, but as we've said COUNTLESS times, working from our EXPERIENCE with the
>program, we do not NEED Postscript.

Yes, we know that you do not need PostScript.  You do need your keyboard
fixed, though, the Caps Lock seems to keep coming on. :-)

However, Steven specifically asked about PostScript support, so that's what
I told him about.  PostScript is important for many people.

--

Post by Timothy Mill » Fri, 08 Jul 1994 00:01:01

: >: >Anyone know how good the PS/EPS import/export is, and what modules are
: >: >available for such operations.
: >: There is absolutely NO support for PS or EPS import or export in
: >: Calamus SL.  By paying extra for the Bridge Module ($150 in the US,...

: >Yes, but as we've said COUNTLESS times, working from our EXPERIENCE with the
: >program, we do not NEED Postscript.
: Yes, we know that you do not need PostScript.  You do need your keyboard
: fixed, though, the Caps Lock seems to keep coming on. :-)

Caps are for emphasis.

: However, Steven specifically asked about PostScript support, so that's what
: I told him about.  PostScript is important for many people.

I was responding to tone of your message, not its content.  It was very
negative.  You see, most people think that Postscript is synonymous with DTP,
so if you simply tell them it's not there, then they won't think Calamus is
DTP, when in fact, it beats all others at DTP and doesn't NEED Postscript,
which is good, because, on a technical level, I still do not like Postscript.

: --
: David Stevenson,     JET Joint Undertaking     +44 235 465028

: - Disclaimer: Please note that the above is a personal view and should not
:   be construed as an official comment from the JET project.

Calamus SL

Post by David Stevens » Fri, 08 Jul 1994 21:09:22

Quote:>You see, most people think that Postscript is synonymous with DTP,
>so if you simply tell them it's not there, then they won't think Calamus is
>DTP, when in fact, it beats all others at DTP and doesn't NEED Postscript,
>which is good, because, on a technical level, I still do not like Postscript.

For *'s sake, Tim.  He asked about PostScript support, so that's what
I told him about.  It's not that difficult for you to understand, surely?

We know you don't like PostScript, because you've told us so many times.
We know that I do like it, because I have said to many times.  Neither
of these statements is relevent to the original post or to me answer.

If someone asks "How do I import my EPS files", an answer of "PostScript
fonts are inferior to Calamus ones" is not very helpful.  It's bollocks
anyway, because according to previous mail and postings you compare PD
PostScript Type 1 with commercial CFN.
--
David Stevenson,     JET Joint Undertaking     +44 235 465028

- Disclaimer: Please note that the above is a personal view and should not
  be construed as an official comment from the JET project.

1. Calamus SL: How does one disable the Calamus file selector?

Subject line says it all.  I can't see any explanation of how to do
this in TFM.  Although the Calamus selector may be an improvement on the
TOS one, I want to use my preferred replacement selector with *all* programs.

--

- Disclaimer: Please note that the above is a personal view and should not
  be construed as an official comment from the JET project.

2. Screen Area>640x480

3. Problem printing with Calamus SL under Magic

4. Revo Agenda: Events?

5. FA : SLM-605 Toner / Calamus SL DTP, Syquest Drives, Monitor Master, and Much much more..

6. SLRN & keyboard mapping

7. Calamus SL 2000

8. Map printers on Thin Clients powered by Windows CE

9. Help! calling Calamus SL/SLM804 experts

10. New Calamus SL printer drivers?

11. Printer Driver: Calamus SL > Cannon BJC-210

12. Calamus SL printer driver generator

13. Calamus SL ... more than 256 on screen ?