Reviving a forgotton TTO30

Post by David Johnso » Sun, 06 May 2001 03:29:08

I'm trying to revive a TT030/8 that's been sitting in disarray and in
peices in a closet for some years.

Problem #1. led, speaker, and battery leads removed. Unfortunately,
there aren't clear indications on the mobo as to what goes where.

Problem #2 Missing screws. Does anyone know off hand what size case
screws are required to secure the mobo?

Problem #3 That damn sheilding. I've got a TT030/8 with a 32mhz
processor and TOS 3.00.  It's got that gray metal sheilding in side.
Part of the reason the computer sat idle for many years was that
immediately after dis-assembly, I couldn't see how to get the sheilding
back together w/o it leading to shorts n' such. I found out from the guy
at ATY computers that could just rip it all out.

But that said, where is a good place for the speaker to go. Hmmm. will
probably depend on where the speaker lead ultimately goes to.

Problem #4, Clock battery. Off hand, where is the best source?

BTW, the computer boots up and seems to run apps just fine. It looks
like once I get a new SCSI HD in it that it will make a killer addition
to my midi rig.

Funny. I don't think I would have gotten the urge to mess with this
stuff unless I hadn't started playing around with that STeem emulator on
my pc.

Thanks all,

David

Reviving a forgotton TTO30

Post by James Alexande » Thu, 24 May 2001 08:59:51

Hi David,

I'm not sure bout the speaker or led connection but the battery can be a
standard type,  Rayovac makes one that works perfectly, I've got on in my TT
right now in fact.  I cant remember the exact part number but if you email
me I'll get back to you with that since I'll be working on the innards of my
TT again tomorrow. Its a rectangular shape battery with a 3 or 4 pin
connector running at 4.5v as I remember.

> I'm trying to revive a TT030/8 that's been sitting in disarray and in
> peices in a closet for some years.

> Problem #1. led, speaker, and battery leads removed. Unfortunately,
> there aren't clear indications on the mobo as to what goes where.

> Problem #2 Missing screws. Does anyone know off hand what size case
> screws are required to secure the mobo?

> Problem #3 That damn sheilding. I've got a TT030/8 with a 32mhz
> processor and TOS 3.00.  It's got that gray metal sheilding in side.
> Part of the reason the computer sat idle for many years was that
> immediately after dis-assembly, I couldn't see how to get the sheilding
> back together w/o it leading to shorts n' such. I found out from the guy
> at ATY computers that could just rip it all out.

> But that said, where is a good place for the speaker to go. Hmmm. will
> probably depend on where the speaker lead ultimately goes to.

> Problem #4, Clock battery. Off hand, where is the best source?

> BTW, the computer boots up and seems to run apps just fine. It looks
> like once I get a new SCSI HD in it that it will make a killer addition
> to my midi rig.

> Funny. I don't think I would have gotten the urge to mess with this
> stuff unless I hadn't started playing around with that STeem emulator on
> my pc.

> Thanks all,

> David

1. Reviving a forgotten TTO30

I'm trying to revive a TT030/8 that's been sitting in disarray and in
pieces in a closet for some years.

Problem #1. led, speaker, and battery leads removed. Unfortunately,
there aren't clear indications on the mobo as to what goes where.

Problem #2 Missing screws. Does anyone know off hand what size case
screws are required to secure the mobo?

Problem #3 That damn shielding. I've got a TT030/8 with a 32mhz
processor and TOS 3.00.  It's got that gray metal shielding in side.
Part of the reason the computer sat idle for many years was that
immediately after dis-assembly, I couldn't see how to get the shielding
back together w/o it leading to shorts n' such. I found out from the guy
at ATY computers that could just rip it all out.

But that said, where is a good place for the speaker to go. Hmmm. will
probably depend on where the speaker lead ultimately goes to.

Problem #4, Clock battery. Off hand, where is the best source?

BTW, the computer boots up and seems to run apps just fine. It looks
like once I get a new SCSI HD in it that it will make a killer addition
to my midi rig.

Funny. I don't think I would have gotten the urge to mess with this
stuff unless I hadn't started playing around with that STeem emulator on
my pc.

Thanks all,

David

2. Sound Driver?

3. Looking for server task which can create a multiple domain N&A from several N&A′s

4. bubble-sort

5. forgotton Administrator password

6. Learning C++ for PM

7. Forgotton/Lost Administrator Password

8. GNUS, mail, KOI8-R

9. forgotton Administrators password

10. Help forgotton password

11. Atanasoff: Forgotton Father of the Computer

12. Help me out with a forgotton DOS command

13. Restore & forgotton path 5.x