IBM Type Mouse to Atari Type Mouse

Post by John Casterli » Tue, 15 Apr 1997 04:00:00

Hello there...

Anyone have a schematic for transforming a standard serial type mouse
(IBM) to the proper Atari configuration?

Sure would appreciate it, mice are getting hard to find in this part of
the country.

Please e-mail to...

John Casterlin

Thanx!

Post by Geor » Wed, 16 Apr 1997 04:00:00

>Hello there...

>Anyone have a schematic for transforming a standard serial type mouse
>(IBM) to the proper Atari configuration?

>Sure would appreciate it, mice are getting hard to find in this part of
>the country.

>Please e-mail to...

>John Casterlin

>Thanx!

>.

You could use any PC mouse in your serial port. If you have a STf or
STe with one serial port then you have a problem since you wont be
able to use a modem. I have a MegaSTE witch has 3 serial ports and im
using a Genius PCmouse with the v25 serial port mouse driver. You can
find it in every atari archive..

George...

IBM Type Mouse to Atari Type Mouse

Post by Robert Goodw » Thu, 17 Apr 1997 04:00:00

: Some amiga mice have a little switch to become atari mice.

I've got one of these regular Amiga mice. This is a Megamouse, a CD32. But
of course, it's for the Amigas, but I'd like to modify it for the ST. I've
seen the inside of it.

--
Homepage: http://members.iglou.com/rsg0910               (Now updated!)

Sez who that a deaf person can't have fun on the net? No ears required!

Junk emailers beware: $500 fee charged for each junk and spam ad.
  -Sending the junk email indicates acceptance of these terms.

Post by George E. Hoffman I » Thu, 17 Apr 1997 04:00:00

>>>Anyone have a schematic for transforming a standard serial type mouse
>>>(IBM) to the proper Atari configuration?

>>You could use any PC mouse in your serial port. If you have a STf or
>>STe with one serial port then you have a problem since you wont be
>>able to use a modem. I have a MegaSTE witch has 3 serial ports and im
>>using a Genius PCmouse with the v25 serial port mouse driver. You can
>>find it in every atari archive..

>I've heard that there are modifications around which allows a second serial
>port to be installed on an ST/F/M/E around- anyone have more information or
>schematics for this?

>Hallvard

Yes RS232-2 does it. I have it if someone wants it.

George

Post by George E. Hoffman I » Fri, 18 Apr 1997 04:00:00

>>>I've heard that there are modifications around which allows a second serial
>>>port to be installed on an ST/F/M/E around- anyone have more information or
>>>schematics for this?

>>Yes RS232-2 does it. I have it if someone wants it.

>Is this to say that you have documentation about it, or that you have the
>hardware which you wan to sell?
>If you've got the docs, perhaps you could upload it somewhere so we could
>have a look?

>Hallvard

Let's cut to the chase here.
It is a document. It is internal in the machine and a machine with a
homemade hardware hack in it is not exactly a high end selling point.
The mod. makes the midi switchable to a second serial port.
If you want a copy of it I will email it to you. It is on most of the
ftp sites I have been on that have a hardware directory.

George

Post by Rich Tietje » Sat, 19 Apr 1997 04:00:00

>>>I've heard that there are modifications around which allows a second serial
>>>port to be installed on an ST/F/M/E around- anyone have more information or
>>>schematics for this?

>>Yes RS232-2 does it. I have it if someone wants it.

>Is this to say that you have documentation about it, or that you have the
>hardware which you wan to sell?
>If you've got the docs, perhaps you could upload it somewhere so we could
>have a look?

Or post it to alt.binaries.atari

Speaking of which...  There is a change to the charter which will be of
interest to posters - please see the alt.binaries.atari newsgroup for
the new charter.

If anyone is interested, I can post it here.  Please feel free to spread
this information to all other related (e.g., atari) newsgroups.

----------------------http://www.teleport.com/~atari-----------------------
  ATARI COMPUTING - the new 60 PAGE printed magazine for all Atari users
     NEWS - GOSSIP - FEATURES - REVIEWS - HUMOUR - HOW TO DO IT - Q&A
          email for subscription details and further information

--------------------ftp://ftp.teleport.com/users/atari---------------------

1. Hooking a serial MS-type mouse to a ST

A friend of mine has a 1040ST that he would like to hook a Microsoft
Serial mouse to.  Is this a simple case of rewiring a plug, or would the
signals have to be converted.  If it's just a rewire, does anyone have a
pointer to the connections required?

Many thanks in advance,
Brian

--
Brian Daniels                  "Man's relationship with cars can be seen in

My opinions, not Interpath's    clutch, choke, throttle."
------------------Public Keys Available by E-Mail Request-------------------

2. PCs give way to XCs, MS loses

3. NEED MIDI TYPE 1 TO TYPE 0 CONVERT PROGRAM PLEASE!

4. That Bloody White Paper

5. Questions about IBM type Hardware and Atari Emulation?

6. mutt & nym & pgp problem

7. Running IBM type Hercules monitor on Atari STFM or STE

8. ASP Problems

9. Atari ST-mouse / PC-mouse

10. PC BUS mouse to Atari Mouse - Instructions

11. Questions about IBM type Hardware

12. second mouse button - forget that: FIRST mouse button!

13. mouse wires- what about the C64 mouse?