** 100+ Atari ST/8bit HW/SW sale **

Post by Mark Bo » Sun, 29 Nov 1992 07:51:18

I would advise some caution in dealing with Chris Wiliams. I've done
many deals on the net with no problems except for the one time I dealt
with Chris. He misrepresented what he was selling, demonstrated lack
of good faith, shipped COD with a much higher amount than agreed upon
(this was probably an honest mistake, but he still did it), shipped
only part of what he promised, shipped defective merchandise - (junk
really) as fully functional, and generally made me regret dealing with
him. If you want more details, please email me.

        Mark

PS I think that the ST chip set he is selling for $29 came out of one
of my STs. He gave me $15 for them.

** 100+ Atari ST/8bit HW/SW sale **

Post by samuel patt » Sun, 29 Nov 1992 09:16:12

>I would advise some caution in dealing with Chris Wiliams. I've done
>many deals on the net with no problems except for the one time I dealt
>with Chris. He misrepresented what he was selling, demonstrated lack
>of good faith, shipped COD with a much higher amount than agreed upon
>(this was probably an honest mistake, but he still did it), shipped
>only part of what he promised, shipped defective merchandise - (junk
>really) as fully functional, and generally made me regret dealing with
>him. If you want more details, please email me.

>    Mark

I purchased a color composite monitor for my 1200XL from Chris and had no
problems whatsoever.

I only live half an hour away and I picked it up from him.  Price was the
same and the monitor has not failed or given me any trouble at all.

I have seen his closet and it IS truly full of atari....

Sam

|_____________________________________________________|_____________________|

** 100+ Atari ST/8bit HW/SW sale **

Post by Commander Brett Maral » Sun, 29 Nov 1992 18:19:09

>I would advise some caution in dealing with Chris Wiliams. I've done
>many deals on the net with no problems except for the one time I dealt
>with Chris. He misrepresented what he was selling, demonstrated lack
>of good faith, shipped COD with a much higher amount than agreed upon
>(this was probably an honest mistake, but he still did it), shipped
>only part of what he promised, shipped defective merchandise - (junk
>really) as fully functional, and generally made me regret dealing with
>him. If you want more details, please email me.
>    Mark
>PS I think that the ST chip set he is selling for $29 came out of one
>of my STs. He gave me $15 for them.

        He sent me mail stating that he has so much interest for an article
he was selling for $9 that he raised the price to $29.  This is bullshit,
for the most part.  I am still going to go for it, unless he decides not
to sell it to me because I am posting this.  If so, I won't be too hurt :-)

brett maraldo

ps.  After doing *lots* of buying and selling on the net for 7 years I have
come to expect certain things:  not raising prices due to greater interest
and not using $...9.99 format.

--
               --------     Unit 36 Research     ---------
                        "Alien Technology Today"

                   {uunet!clyde!utai}!watserv1!bmaraldo

** 100+ Atari ST/8bit HW/SW sale **

Post by Brian Stormo » Sun, 29 Nov 1992 22:56:57

Quote:>    He sent me mail stating that he has so much interest for an article
>he was selling for $9 that he raised the price to $29.  This is bullshit,
>for the most part.  I am still going to go for it, unless he decides not
>to sell it to me because I am posting this.  If so, I won't be too hurt :-)

>brett maraldo

Isn't it plain illegal to advertiser one price, and then when someone goes to
buy it, say the price is now higher? I thought I recalled some item by the
Better Business Bureau stately some such info....perhaps I mis-remembered.

-Brian

** 100+ Atari ST/8bit HW/SW sale **

Post by christopher willia » Mon, 30 Nov 1992 08:25:31

Please, *PLEASE* note that this is NOT ME. Ever net.deal I've ever done
(both buying and selling) has come off rather smoothly, except for
a bit of delay with one deal, which was entirely my fault, and the
buyer didn't even mind terribly. I *do* wish you'd post the address
of the 'other' Chris Williams, instead of not telling us who he is.
[It's CERTAINLY not me! the only Atari equipment *I* have is an
old Atari 400 (which, btw, if you're interested, send mail)]. IMHO,
it's just not fair to _me_. There are several of us Chris Williams'
out on the net (one in the UK, one on the east coast somewhere, I think,
and now this one (and me)). It's not fair to ANYBODY named 'Chris
Williams'.

Thank you,
-cgw-

>>I would advise some caution in dealing with Chris Wiliams. I've done
>>many deals on the net with no problems except for the one time I dealt
>>with Chris. He misrepresented what he was selling, demonstrated lack
>>of good faith, shipped COD with a much higher amount than agreed upon
>>(this was probably an honest mistake, but he still did it), shipped
>>only part of what he promised, shipped defective merchandise - (junk
>>really) as fully functional, and generally made me regret dealing with
>>him. If you want more details, please email me.
>>        Mark
>>PS I think that the ST chip set he is selling for $29 came out of one
>>of my STs. He gave me $15 for them.

>    He sent me mail stating that he has so much interest for an article
>he was selling for $9 that he raised the price to $29.  This is bullshit,
>for the most part.  I am still going to go for it, unless he decides not
>to sell it to me because I am posting this.  If so, I won't be too hurt :-)

>brett maraldo

>ps.  After doing *lots* of buying and selling on the net for 7 years I have
>come to expect certain things:  not raising prices due to greater interest
>and not using $...9.99 format.

>--
>               --------     Unit 36 Research     ---------
>                    "Alien Technology Today"

>               {uunet!clyde!utai}!watserv1!bmaraldo

1. Clearance Sale!! - 8bit HW/SW

I have the folowing items for sale:
Prices do not includde shipping.

Hardware

Zenith ZVM121 green mono composite monitor, with anti-glare filter. Works
great. $20

Audiotronics amber mono composite monitor. $15

Multitech 1200 baud modem. No pwer supply but it will work with an Atari
1050 power supply. $5

5.25" internal SS/DD floppy drive from TRS80 model III. Can also be used
with an IBM-PC. $7

5.25" floppy drive. Same as above but door is missing. Works, for parts
or whatever. $3

Parallel printer interface with cable for Apple II. $6

Eight Inch Disks

Box of 9 NEW Xerox SS/SD 8" disks with labels. $3

Box of 10 USED 3M SS/SD 8" disks. These have software on them (Wang
Cobol) but they could be reformatted. $3

Box of 10 NEW Dysan SS/DD 8" disks, with labels and write-protect tabs,
PLUS five used Memorex DS/DD 8" disks. $4

Software
All include box and manual unless otherwise noted.

Silent Butler - Home bookkeeping program for Atari XL/XE. Disk. $6

Timeworks Data Manager for Atari and C64. Disk. $7

Partyware for Atari and C64. 2 disks. $3

Zork I for Commodore Plus/4. With box, manual and maps. $8

Script Plus - word processor for Commo Plus/4. No box or manual.
Cartridge. $5

Pascal for TRS80 Model III. 2 Disks. $8

Editor Assembler for TRS80 Model III. Disk. $8

Statistical Analysis for TRS80 Models I & III. 5 Cassettes. $5

Budget Management for TRS80. Cassettes for Model I & III, disk for Model
III. $5

Ricochet - game for TRS80 and Atari. Cassette. $3

Sesame Street Print Kit for Atari and C64/128. $4

Sesame Street: Big Bird's Special Delivery for Atari and C64/128. $3

Sesame Street: Erie's Magic Shapes for Atari and C64/128. $3

I will consider trades for an Atari SX212 modem and term prog. (or maybe
some other Atari modem.)

address. Prices do not include shipping.

| 5034 Sabra Avenue, Huber Heights, Ohio 45424 | Phone +1 937-233-2125    |

2. Job Posting-Natick, MA-COGNEX-SR SW ENG

3. ** 100+ Atari 8bit/ST/IBM items (XE/PS/Mega/STE/monitors) **

4. win2k**5.03**installing as a service**help

5. Mega 2 ST and SW/HW Sale (long post)

6. Atari 520STF ROMS

7. Atari HW & SW sale