Hello out there!

Hello out there!

Post by Dave Blear » Wed, 06 Aug 2003 18:18:37



*y hell, you still playing with these 8 bits "William Kendrick" !

dont recognise any other names but my "senior moments" are grouped much
closer together these days.

how many others from the 80's etc are still lurking in here?

just popped into the newsgroup to see if there was still any interest and
low and behold the place lives...

those were the days.... still got a room full of the stuff upstairs. a man
should go dig out his spartaX cart and try to remember how to drive it. Me
thinks the R-Time-8 cart might need a new battery as well... hehe

truly inspiring to see the humble 8 bit still lives on

more power to you all.

ExSysop Support AT-8 BBS
130XE with 10mb - Blackbox
1mb MIO and 4 floppy drives
364k - OASIS BBS Software
Godwin Beach, Qld. Australia

---
Dave Blears Computing
http://www.veryComputer.com/

 
 
 

Hello out there!

Post by Tom Hun » Wed, 06 Aug 2003 19:28:01



Quote:> http://www.davecandoit.com/

Ah, another old Oasis sysop!  Remember John Hanes of Simplicity BBS in
NZ?  Or Jeff Coover of Revelstone?  Or Glenda Stocks of XBN?  All of them
members of Oasis Net.  There were many others that were not networked.  
You can run your Oasis BBS in an emulator now and people can telnet in to
it.  You should give it a try.

http://cth.dtdns.net
telnet://cth.dtdns.net
http://cth.hn.org
http://www.privacylabs.net

Real email address encoded on web pages,

--

 
 
 

Hello out there!

Post by jim » Wed, 06 Aug 2003 21:12:24


good to see ya pop in. enough room in your shop thee to have a 8-bit display
eh? ;)

James

 
 
 

Hello out there!

Post by Paul Irvin » Thu, 07 Aug 2003 08:37:17


On Tue, 5 Aug 2003 19:18:37 +1000, "Dave Blears"


>how many others from the 80's etc are still lurking in here?

Jesus, I'm PRE 80's :-)

Hell, I've written it, coded it, reviewed it, hacked it, cracked it,
sold it, and even played it :-)
--

Paul...

If replying from a newsgroup remove the OBVIOUS spamtrap, if it's an email then it's removed already.

 
 
 

Hello out there!

Post by Dave Blear » Thu, 07 Aug 2003 18:52:47


Quote:> Ah, another old Oasis sysop!  Remember John Hanes of Simplicity BBS in
> NZ?  Or Jeff Coover of Revelstone?  Or Glenda Stocks of XBN?  All of them
> members of Oasis Net.  There were many others that were not networked.

spent many hours talking to john, and many bucks on phone calls using a
300baud modem to download bits and pieces at $110 a minute ....

Quote:> You can run your Oasis BBS in an emulator now and people can telnet in to
> it.  You should give it a try.

> http://www.veryComputer.com/
> telnet://cth.dtdns.net
> http://www.veryComputer.com/
> http://www.veryComputer.com/

*y hell... might just have a bo peep at doing that too..

cheers

---
Dave Blears Computing
http://www.veryComputer.com/

 
 
 

Hello out there!

Post by Dave Blear » Thu, 07 Aug 2003 19:36:34


Quote:> good to see ya pop in. enough room in your shop thee to have a 8-bit
display
> eh? ;)

was always going to do that, but someone never dropped me in the 800 :P

how you keeping?

get that toyota?

well better run and pretend i have a life...

look after your self and say hello to that girl of yours for me...

cheers
---
Dave Blears Computing
http://www.davecandoit.com/

 
 
 

Hello out there!

Post by Dave Blear » Thu, 07 Aug 2003 19:44:55


Quote:> Jesus, I'm PRE 80's :-)

i had a life in the 70's :P

Quote:

> Hell, I've written it, coded it, reviewed it, hacked it, cracked it,
> sold it, and even played it :-)

i was a try hard, i tried and i tried but could never get my head past
basic, and was useless at games with the exception of boulderdash  so i
started running the bbs and my passion progressed from there.

cheers

---
Dave Blears Computing
http://www.davecandoit.com/

 
 
 

Hello out there!

Post by jim » Thu, 07 Aug 2003 20:09:32



Quote:> > good to see ya pop in. enough room in your shop thee to have a 8-bit
> display
> > eh? ;)

> was always going to do that, but someone never dropped me in the 800 :P

:))))
is in storage. must dig it out  :)
\

Quote:

> how you keeping?

very well thank you :)
Quote:

> get that toyota?

sure did. now have a 3" lift and sliders. working on a rear bar now

Quote:> look after your self and say hello to that girl of yours for me...

sure will :)

James

 
 
 

Hello out there!

Post by jim » Thu, 07 Aug 2003 20:11:00



Quote:> > Jesus, I'm PRE 80's :-)

> i had a life in the 70's :P

> > Hell, I've written it, coded it, reviewed it, hacked it, cracked it,
> > sold it, and even played it :-)

> i was a try hard, i tried and i tried but could never get my head past
> basic, and was useless at games with the exception of boulderdash  so i
> started running the bbs and my passion progressed from there.

don't forget......................... breaking keyboards and emergancy
dashes to fix it :)

James

 
 
 

Hello out there!

Post by Russ Gilber » Thu, 07 Aug 2003 23:01:55


..... $110  a minute .....!
???
That'd be Aussie $, I guess, but still, I bet you could
find a walaby that could dance for you for less than
that, or you mean $1.10?  even then.?
I remember my son phreaking, he thought, some
bozo gave him a number to call to log onto warez
sites, a long distance number he thought was a free
number to call.  cost me about $150 for that month's
long distance bill. (USDollars, about 1986).
 
 
 

Hello out there!

Post by Dave Blear » Fri, 08 Aug 2003 18:26:34



Quote:> ..... $110  a minute .....!
> ???
> That'd be Aussie $, I guess, but still, I bet you could
> find a walaby that could dance for you for less than
> that, or you mean $1.10?  even then.?

dam the . disappeared... it was $1.10  and at 300bps it took a while to
download from toms or johns bbs's, but it was the only way to new stuff down
here in reasonable time :P
 
 
 

Hello out there!

Post by Dave Blear » Fri, 08 Aug 2003 18:28:13


Quote:> don't forget......................... breaking keyboards and emergancy
> dashes to fix it :)

thats enough from the peanut gallery!

:P

---
Dave Blears Computing
http://www.davecandoit.com/