Misterious chip on 130XE schematics

Post by Mathy Van Nisselr » Tue, 15 May 2001 19:53:14

Howdy folks

My photocopy of SAMs manual for the 130XE has a small drawing of U35 on it.
The schematics call it 14LS958.  From the looks of it (but I'm not an
electronics guy), this might be a 4 bit shift register, like the 74(LS)95.

Could I be onto something here, or.....

CU                              Mathy van Nisselroy

Misterious chip on 130XE schematics

Post by kena.. » Fri, 18 May 2001 02:02:13

Hi Mathy,
  I dont have my schematics handy but maybe it is a 74ls95B - I have
seen many people make that mistake. Happy chip hunting.

Ken

> Howdy folks

> My photocopy of SAMs manual for the 130XE has a small drawing of U35 on it.
> The schematics call it 14LS958.  From the looks of it (but I'm not an
> electronics guy), this might be a 4 bit shift register, like the 74(LS)95.

> Could I be onto something here, or.....

> CU                         Mathy van Nisselroy

Misterious chip on 130XE schematics

Post by Mathy Van Nisselr » Fri, 18 May 2001 18:41:16

Howdy Ken

Quote:>  I dont have my schematics handy but maybe it is a 74ls95B - I have
>seen many people make that mistake. Happy chip hunting.

Now that I see the number like you spell it, I see the simularity.  I have two
copies of the same 130XE schematics.  When I looked at the old one, I at first
fought it said 74, later I thought it might be 14.  Then I got the newer copy,
which was a lot clearer, and it really looks like it says 14ls958.  But I'll
have a closer look.

Heck, I should know how to decifer handwriting.  I was once asked, by a doctors
assistent (and wife I guess, since they had the same accent), if I studied
medicine.  She had just seen my handwriting and knew I am a student.

CU                              Mathy van Nisselroy

PS anybody have a clue what the PAL16/8 is supposed to do with the MHALT signal
comming from what seems to be this 74LS95B (U35 in the 130XE's schematics.)

1. U35 (misterious chip in 130XE schematics)

Howdy folks

Chris Lang from Germany has just confermed that U35 indeed is a 74LS95B as I
suspected for quite some time.  I guess they goofed up at Atari way back
when the schematic was cleaned up.

CU                    Mathy van Nisselroy

--
---
My old email address has ceased to exist, please use my new address.

http://www-users.rwth-aachen.de/mathy.van_nisselroy

2. best win95 driver for practical peripherals pm288mt ii v.34

3. schematics for 130XE and 600XL - where to find?

4. FORSALE: 4 MEG 72pin SIMMs w/parity $125 each

5. HDD controller for 130XE schematic?

6. 404 custom error page - how to create?

7. 130XE schematics

8. weird language

9. Looking for 130XE Schematics and Tech info

10. Chip only the 130XE has

11. Q: 130XE chip layout

12. Atari 130XE: Where is Memory Chip U26?

13. 2 chip vs. 6 chip ROMS