De Re Atari, A Dilema

Post by Joe Wals » Sun, 05 Mar 1995 10:36:05

>But, here's my dilema.  Quite by accident recently, I discovered my City
>library had a copy of De Re Atari. In storage of course.  When I went down
>there to check it out, the lady said, "Ok, come back in 5 minutes and I'll
>have it for you."   20 minutes later she returns with the book, and says
>"Sorry about the wait, I had trouble finding it.  It 'fell' into a bin marked
>'recycle'."  Well, I have the book now, and considering the rareness of it,
>should I keep the book and pay them, or is this just screwing over other Atari
>fans too much?

        Well, De Re isn't rare at all.  B&C has tons of them.  Check the
FAQ for their address, phone #, etc.  They're available for $14.95,
brand new.

-Joe

De Re Atari, A Dilema

Post by Will Neri » Sat, 04 Mar 1995 23:12:15

   Hey folks, I've got a little m*dilema here, and would like some general
opinions, before I make up my mind on what to do.

To preface, I love my Atari, but I _DO_ consider it  more of a collectors item
than a living system.  and As such, I'll buy all the software I can, but won't
limit my collection of rare material/software to purchases.

But, here's my dilema.  Quite by accident recently, I discovered my City
library had a copy of De Re Atari. In storage of course.  When I went down
there to check it out, the lady said, "Ok, come back in 5 minutes and I'll
have it for you."   20 minutes later she returns with the book, and says
"Sorry about the wait, I had trouble finding it.  It 'fell' into a bin marked
'recycle'."  Well, I have the book now, and considering the rareness of it,
should I keep the book and pay them, or is this just screwing over other Atari
fans too much?

De Re Atari, A Dilema

Post by James Kin » Mon, 06 Mar 1995 00:54:40

Keep the book and pay your libraries cover charge plus handling fee
(probably less than $20.00 total)

Considering it took 20minutes to find the book, it's doubtful anybody
else has ever requested it - or ever will.

I had this dilemma once and kept and PAID FOR the book from a local
library. Dont regret the decision, as they were going to throw it out..

--James King

--

De Re Atari, A Dilema

Post by Glenn Saunde » Thu, 09 Mar 1995 18:38:46

Speaking of Atari books at the library, my old local library in Needham
has a copy of The Creative Atari, which is a compendium of Creative
Computer(?) articles.  Mostly from the 1980-82 vintage, pre XL schtuff.

De Re Atari, A Dilema

Post by Will Neri » Sat, 11 Mar 1995 11:29:42

>Subject: Re: De Re Atari, A Dilema
>Date: 8 Mar 1995 09:38:46 GMT
>Speaking of Atari books at the library, my old local library in Needham
>has a copy of The Creative Atari, which is a compendium of Creative
>Computer(?) articles.  Mostly from the 1980-82 vintage, pre XL schtuff.

I have a collection of Computes, Picked up here and there, I have most issues
from 1981-1984. up to just before the Amiga and ST were coming out...

1. Aan de winnaar van de Ibazar Berg Atari Veiling (in Dutch)

(This posting is in Dutch)

Hallo,

zou de gelukkige winnaar van de "hoge berg ataris" op Ibazar mij een
mailtje willen sturen. Ik heb wel belang bij een TT.

Groetjes,

Freek

--
Posted from net090s.hetnet.nl [194.151.104.183] (may be forged)

2. Can SAMPLER read WAV files (floppy, HD, CD)?

3. MagicOS.de and Place2be.de

4. Problem in Windows XP with Users in Active Directory

5. FA: "De Re Atari", Atari programming reference.

6. laptop connection office and home

7. Looking for De Re Atari and Atari Hardware Manual

8. automatically printing coordinates

9. WANTED: De Re Atari & Mapping The Atari

10. Free Atari mags and DE RE ATARI

11. FT/FS Book:Basic-programma's voor de Atari 600XL/800XL

12. www.atari-computer.de is gone ?