TRUE Color vs TRUE B.S.

Post by John Hutchins » Fri, 26 Feb 1993 00:01:52

I've got a question for all of you on the net arguing about how many colors
true color is and how many colors the eye can distinguish and what professor
Phudpucker claimed in his exciting lecture on video color planes...

   WHO CARES???

C'mon people... get a life!
---

___________________________ John "HUTCH" Hutchinson _________________________
_________________ Fair Dinkum Technologies     Member - IAAD  _______________
________________ "No worries, mate... it's from Fair Dinkum!" _______________

TRUE Color vs TRUE B.S.

Post by chris dots » Sat, 27 Feb 1993 07:25:36

>I've got a question for all of you on the net arguing about how many colors
>true color is and how many colors the eye can distinguish and what professor
>Phudpucker claimed in his exciting lecture on video color planes...

>   WHO CARES???

>C'mon people... get a life!

     Seconded.  Discuss what you want, but there must be a more appropriate
newsgroup.  Yes, I know, this originally came from the Falcon, but it's
so far off topic that you all can't possibly argue it's valid.

     Plus, this argument has been going in a loop for a month or better.
Find the ^C...

--
Elric

"If it ain't broke - mess with it until it is.  Then fix it."    -Me

1. Wanted: ST BASIC, True vs Hisoft vs GFA 2 or others?

All this is for a mathematician friend of mine who solves problems for me.

I am looking for a BASIC that is faster than ST BASIC at doing floating point.
(faster in other areas would be ok too)

Not being TOO different from ST BASIC might be an advantage to port some of
the work done in the past.

I have been offered TrueBasic, Hisoft Basic, told about the free GFA V2.0 Basic.
Is one of these considerably better than the others?
Or does someone have yet another Basic that would have advantages?

Someone did tell me there is an old pre-commercial version of Matlab for the ST
on a machine in Germany, if there are any other mathematically inclined folks
out there.  And then there is Derive (for MSDOS) that will run under PC-Ditto.
Educational versions of that are VERY inexpensive and Derive is about the best
thing I have seen to do simpler forms of symbolic mathematics.

please reply by email if at all possible
thanks

2. Has anyone ever seen a pcmcia to ide adapter?

3. How Many Colours is true ColoUr?

4. Hewlett-Packard 4MP PostScript Image Area?

5. Atari800 Emulator Programmers show true colors

6. Win 98 machine can't access shared folders

7. How fast are your True color Polygons?

8. IIS5 and ASPs

9. True Color? (Falcon VGA)

10. Apology: True Colour *IS* great for games.

11. True Color Cards

12. The Falcon DOES have true colour

13. The Falcon Does NOT have True Colour