dallas real time clock?

Post by jim peti » Thu, 24 Oct 1996 04:00:00

Can someone please tell me what this is sitting on my desk?  I will try
to describe it.  One part is a 40 pin header that has a chip encased in
the underside (chip is 14pin has dallas ds1206 label) this is connected
by an 18" five conductor ribbon cable to a pc board.  The pc board has a
black plastic enclosure around it with dallas ds1250 written on it.  On
the pc board are five sets of 5pin headers (look just sipp headers only
smaller)  I dug this out of a computer store's junk box and paid them a
dollar for it.  Won't be too sad if I can't use it.  Can this be used on
a 1040stf with an external battery hooked to one of the sipp headers?
Thanks in advance for any info...................j

dallas real time clock?

Post by Callum Lerwi » Thu, 24 Oct 1996 04:00:00

Quote:> Can someone please tell me what this is sitting on my desk?  I will try
> to describe it.  One part is a 40 pin header that has a chip encased in
> the underside (chip is 14pin has dallas ds1206 label) this is connected
> by an 18" five conductor ribbon cable to a pc board.  The pc board has a
> black plastic enclosure around it with dallas ds1250 written on it.  On
> the pc board are five sets of 5pin headers (look just sipp headers only
> smaller)  I dug this out of a computer store's junk box and paid them a
> dollar for it.  Won't be too sad if I can't use it.  Can this be used on
> a 1040stf with an external battery hooked to one of the sipp headers?

Hmmm, dunno what the ribbon cable thing is, but this sounds alot like the
Z-Time clock chip. I have one, it plugs in under a TOS ROM chip. I have
software if you need it...
  _
 /_ /\ /_

 ** NOTICE: Internet Email from this address is no longer available. If **
 **            you Email me, you must use the address below             **

     |(o)(o)             http://freenet.msp.mn.us/~lerwick/
 ----ooO---Ooo----

* Kivi (unregistered) 1.41a *
----------------------  -//-  ---------------------

1. Real Time Clock Program

A few years ago when I had my first ST, I installed a Real Time Clock module
(From Dallas Semiconductors) inside my ST.  Now that I have got another ST,
I want to do the same.  The program was called AREAL or something similar,
and it came as a auto-load program which automatically retrieved the time
and date from the module and set the ST's time.  It also had an accessory
which set the time initially.  Does anyone know where I can get the program
from, AND the installation instructions???  I have managed to get an old
version of the program, but it hasn't got the installation instructions for
the module with it.  The files I have are called ar20boot.arc and
ar20set.arc.  Can someone out there help me, please!

    thanks in advance.

2. How to signal a windows process from DOS window?

3. Mega ST Real Time Clocks

4. USR Sportster won't connect at high speed

5. AI Conferences coming up & good magazines.

6. Real Time Clock for ST's

7. Pocket PC 2002 IE

8. Mega ST real time clock

9. F030 real-time clock failure

10. ICD Real Time CLock dead???

11. BATTERY B-UP'd REAL TIME CLOCK (wanted!)

12. Real time clock from MINIX?