Elite (Space trading game) on the ST: Where's the Cloaking device (Or a cheat!)

Elite (Space trading game) on the ST: Where's the Cloaking device (Or a cheat!)

Post by Pau » Fri, 17 Nov 1995 04:00:00

I'm asking this question for a work collegue who is having problems
playing Elite on his ST.

He says he cannot find where to obtain a Cloaking device.

And would like to know where he has to go to get one.

Or, failing that, a cheat so he can obtain bits that way.

Hope someone can help him.

Thank's in advance

Paul.

Post by Anthony Jacque » Tue, 21 Nov 1995 04:00:00

> I'm asking this question for a work collegue who is having problems
> playing Elite on his ST.

> He says he cannot find where to obtain a Cloaking device.

> And would like to know where he has to go to get one.

> Or, failing that, a cheat so he can obtain bits that way.

Cannot remember where you can find it, but you can enable
cheat mode by typing 'sara' as the word from the manual.
(dont worry, it will ask you another word, to prevent
pirates...)

Pressing '*' (IIRC) lets you edit the character data...
I'm afraid I cannot remember what values to change to
get the cloaking device... its hex numbers, so
fiddle and see...

Anthony

                 WWW : http://www.cs.man.ac.uk/~jacquesa/

STOS Falcon Extension v1.2a available from WWW page... UUE'd on request...

Post by ti.. » Wed, 29 Nov 1995 04:00:00

> : >
> : > I'm asking this question for a work collegue who is having problems
> : > playing Elite on his ST.
> : >
> : > He says he cannot find where to obtain a Cloaking device.
> : >
> : > And would like to know where he has to go to get one.
> : >
> : > Or, failing that, a cheat so he can obtain bits that way.
> :
> : Cannot remember where you can find it, but you can enable
> : cheat mode by typing 'sara' as the word from the manual.
> : (dont worry, it will ask you another word, to prevent
> : pirates...)

Didn't know that one - may try it when I get home ... Do I bother trying to
find the manual or just type 'the' a few times....

Quote:

> Long ago, I played Elite on a ZX Spectrum. To get the cloaking device,
> you had to jump to galaxy 2. When you got there, you were attacked by
> a cloaked spaceship.
> If you destroyed that, you could pick up the cloak from the debris.
> (With the special device, don't remember how it's called)
> I don't know if the ST version is the same. I've never played that.

I think it is the second (or third) mission - kill the ship and collect the
device if it is lying around after. Go back to a saved game if it isn't there
or you clumsily destroyed it after the ship (like I tend to.. Die Die Die...
Opps).

I think the collector things are the fuel scoops.

A cheat - save the game on a disk and then take knifest to it.... one of the
bytes is a flag to say have got the cloaking device. (It is nice to have some
spare missiles too... even if the display is wrong)

Tim

1. WANTED: ELITE! The space Game.

I'm looking to buy an inexpensive **CHEAP** complete copy of ELITE. Let
me know if you have one to sell.
--
Atari ST and Classic 8 Bit, Hardware, Software, 4 Sale. 24HRs. (503)256-9974.

Public Access UNIX and Internet at (503) 220-1016 (2400-14400, N81)

2. comp.lang.perl.tk FAQ part1 of 5

3. WANTED: Space Game called "ELITE".

4. Has anyone ported JPEG utilities V.6b?

5. ST game cheat program for over 100 games - FREEWARE/EMAILWARE

6. whic is the most reliable?

7. Elite II Cheats?

8. Canon S9000 comments

9. Space Empire Elite Intergalactic?

10. Space Empire Elite

11. 'Device' = drive?

12. FA: Atari 400/800 '14' Tapes 'Rare Games' (ends 12/26)