Bards tale

Post by Paul Purd » Fri, 05 Jun 1992 03:45:15

Does anyone know how to run Bard's tale so that the picture disk is on
a hard disk? Also when I run Bard's tale, reads of the picture disk don't
work about 10 percent of the time. After lots of retries the program goes
on but without bring up the picture correctly. Does anyone know whether
this problem is related to using TOS 1.4 or does it occur on any ST? Any
suggestions for avoiding the problem would be appeciated.

Bards tale

Post by Ken Newm » Tue, 09 Jun 1992 03:03:10

> Does anyone know how to run Bard's tale so that the picture disk is on
> a hard disk? Also when I run Bard's tale, reads of the picture disk don't
> work about 10 percent of the time. After lots of retries the program goes
> on but without bring up the picture correctly. Does anyone know whether
> this problem is related to using TOS 1.4 or does it occur on any ST? Any
> suggestions for avoiding the problem would be appeciated.

Yes, this is exactly what happens when you run B.T. on tos 1.4 or higher.
There are a couple freeware programs that let you run the picture disk
from a ramdisk. When I use this with tos 1.6, B.T. runs perfectly. With
tos 1.4 and higher though, you need 2 meg or more, because all the picture
disk and extra goodies will not fit in 1 meg with tos 1.4 or higher.
I can send you the programs or someone who wants to put this stuff on a.a,
this is becoming a FAQ.
--

Bards tale

Post by ***THE WIZZARD* » Tue, 16 Jun 1992 20:27:38

In order to make Bard's Tale more convenient, I put it all on one disk.
Made it much more enjoyable!

J Quinert

1. Bard's Tale won't work!

I bought Bard's Tale a few years back.  I played it for a while and forgot
about it.  I recently dug it out and wanted to finish the game.  Well, it
won't work any more.  It keeps telling me there's a disk error when it tries
to read the picture disk.  I've done a TOS upgrade (to 1.4) since the last
time I ran this.  Could someone confirm that TOS 1.4 is the reason this
won't run on my system?  If so, does anyone know of a patch that will allow
it run with TOS 1.4?
--
Il Hwan Oh                    |"...in Science, as in religion,
Univ. of Washington, Tacoma   | when one has destroyed human wonder and

                              | one has killed man." -- Loren Eisley

2. Partition Magic Troubles

3. Bard's Tales II and III

4. Gloom (Quality Game)

5. Bard's Tale I

6. graph algorithms and A.I

7. Bard's Tale II ????

8. Having a real IP for each machine that goes through the xDsl modem

9. Bard's Tale

10. Ultima and Bard's Tale

11. Bard's Tale

12. Bard's Tale II ????