something nobody knows

Post by SoularInfl » Tue, 12 Aug 2003 20:04:53

in the scott adams adventures.  the font sucks.  i asked among you and no
answer came.  only that somebody has never seen the atari versions in atari
font...  i know how...  but everyone probably knows but just let me suffer it
out..lol

peace

something nobody knows

Post by Iain Lask » Tue, 12 Aug 2003 20:33:00

> in the scott adams adventures.  the font sucks.  i asked among you and
> no
> answer came.  only that somebody has never seen the atari versions in
> atari
> font...  i know how...  but everyone probably knows but just let me
> suffer it
> out..lol

You can def. toggle the font on the Atari versions but I can't remember
how - too far back. It's in the documentation though that came with the
games.

something nobody knows

Post by SoularInfl » Tue, 12 Aug 2003 22:49:01

yup it is...  i wished this so badly in my present day atari usage.  i asked if
anyone knew.  i did not know for sure but i thought i played my atari scttt
adv's in clasic chunky.  having just moved, and so, finding my long lost
original Empire of the Over-mind.  i have this documentation in full. if ..?
let me know..  point is in here i found scott adams documentation and finally
found out..in case you would like to know it is sickingly simple...

just hit "A" the single key and if(???) you want to toggle back..it is letter
ess for script.

i hope somebody can use this info with the long waited glee it gives me to
again play savage island in atascii..

peace

1. Something old, something new (a proposal)

Here's a wierd idealistic idea...

Let's face it, in the micro world we are destined to "get stuck" with
aging technology (ie. anything more than 6 months old.) The worst thing
is to create a back pressure on innovative vendors to hold back things
so old boxes (which may contain honest errors of design) might be upgraded
or kept compatible. So we need a solution that can be applied successfully
over and over again (other than whining every time :-)

Here's mine:

1. Offer a trade-in on the last model as a substantial discount against
the new model.

2. Sell these used systems at their steeply discounted price back to
schools who can (should be able to...) make good use of them.

3. Get the tax boys (and girls) to maximize that spread by having the
government kick in in the form of a tax deduction to the company (who,
more than likely, is incurring at least an operating cost for managing
the program.) There is little doubt in my mind that this would *not* be
a "tax scam", schools are spending on computers, this reduces the
govt's bills (or tuition on campuses, etc) and should be compensated.

4. Have a lottery or something simple like that to distribute the used
systems (I don't care, just keep it simple.)

5. Let the various vendors play one-upsmanship (one-upspersonship?)
on how far they can push such programs, ahh, competition at its
altruistic best!

Am I only a dreamer? A fool in love? So shoot me.

        -Barry Shein, Boston University

Fellow Americans, it may be ugly to think about, but there are places
in America where children go for days without hacking...

2. Atari 8-bit Sale

3. Something old, something new.

4. Linux and USB modems

5. Beware of "Nobody"

6. A4000 Hardware hack

7. Nobody willing to help ?

8. Does anyone have a scsi driver for a raw WORM drive?

9. Guess nobody wants to help. :(

10. Guess nobody wants to

11. Guess nobody wants to help. :(

12. Anyone program something that uses 2600 driving controllers?

13. not an indus gt but something similiar