Ghostscript, epson 9 pin, & -R360x216

Post by Steve Seli » Sat, 28 Mar 1992 12:10:08

Is there any way to get -R360x216 in GS to work on an Epson 9 pin
printer? With micro-feeds? Also, how do you get gs to print a "?
(double quote)

Ghostscript, epson 9 pin, & -R360x216

Post by B.E.Hein » Sun, 29 Mar 1992 07:28:54

Quote:>Is there any way to get -R360x216 in GS to work on an Epson 9 pin
>printer? With micro-feeds? Also, how do you get gs to print a "?
>(double quote)

I don't know GS so far, I'll look at it the next few days, ...
*BUT* do you really mean  360*216 dpi print?
As far as I remember all 9 pin printers, these can print resolutions
up to 240*216... Maybe, this is your problem?

 Benedikt

Benedikt Eric Heinen,                Matthiashofstr. 3, W5100 Aachen, Germany

Love is sentimental measles.

1. Ghostscript and Epson's

   I am using the Atari ST version of ghostscript.  The monochrome
viewing of the files come out just fine... but when I try to send to an
Epson FX-100 (I know, old printer, but would like to use this to 'preview'
the output in print).  The docs say there may be some problems with the epson
9 pin driver.  But the pr.ttp program takes the gs_pr file and starts sending
it.  The output looks like it is 'almnost correct' in that the graphics are
noticable, but... it outputs forfeeds quite often (as in every 2nd line or so).
Perehaps some dip switches need to be switched?  I do not have the manual for
the epson printer, so I am not sure which switches control what.  If anyone
out there has any info that may be of help it would be greatly appreciated.

*  J.J. *         Penn State              *                        *

*  Games, Puzzles, Cryptos, Diplomacy, Synths, Midi, Atari ST's!   *

2. Guestbook completely duplicating itself

3. Epson Serial Pin-Out

4. Free Relocator?

5. Epson 9 pins and GS

6. Lan Management

7. WTB: Epson LQ 24-pin printer

8. how to limit security for dialin users

9. Print Desktop (Alt-HELP) with Epson 24 pin printer - HELP NEEDED

10. 5200 & Intel & 800 & TI & Coleco & CoCo & Vic games 4 sale!

11. 68 Pin to 50 Pin SCSI?

12. 30 pin SIMM pin out

13. 30 pin vs 72 pin...