Mega ST Real Time Clocks

Post by Ralph P. Sob » Wed, 05 Dec 1990 01:52:49

What's the accuracy of the real-time clocks that come with Mega STs?
I've noticed that on mine I'm losing a second a day.  Is this within
specs?  The batteries are fresh.

The real-time clock (ZTime) that I had on my old 1040 ST seemed more
accurate than that.

Any comments?

Maybe my computer is way too fast approaching Einsteinien limits in
its calculations. :-)

--
Ralph P. Sobek                    Disclaimer: The above ruminations are my own.

Proud new owner of a Mega 4 ST.

Mega ST Real Time Clocks

Post by Ralph P. Sob » Sat, 15 Dec 1990 01:40:08

I am reposting the following question since I haven't received a
single reply.  Maybe the original never got out.

|  What's the accuracy of the real-time clocks that come with Mega STs?
|  I've noticed that on mine I'm losing a second a day.  Is this within
|  specs?  The batteries are fresh.

Even rebooting causes an additional loss of a couple of seconds.

|  The real-time clock (ZTime) that I had on my old 1040 ST seemed more
|  accurate than that.
|
|  Any comments?
|
|  Maybe my computer is way too fast approaching Einsteinien limits in
|  its calculations. :-)

Anything I can do to get more accuracy?

--
Ralph P. Sobek                    Disclaimer: The above ruminations are my own.

Proud new owner of a Mega 4 ST.  What should I do with my SH204 drive?

Mega ST Real Time Clocks

Post by Ray Walla » Sun, 16 Dec 1990 08:55:47

Quote:>I am reposting the following question since I haven't received a
>single reply.  Maybe the original never got out.

I posted a follow up to your original, stating that I had a similiar problem
with my Mega clock loosing time.

Quote:>|  What's the accuracy of the real-time clocks that come with Mega STs?

I don't know, but when I opened up my Mega this weekend I found that there is
an adjustment for the clock 'speed'. It is small potentiometer right near the
clock chip. I turned it clockwise a 1/16 of a turn. I don't know yet what
affect, if any, it had on it.

Quote:>Even rebooting causes an additional loss of a couple of seconds.

Woa, are you sure you don't have a time setting program in your auto folder,
or a time setting desk accessory? If you do then that is most likly what is
causing your problem (based on this re-boot comment).

Quote:>Anything I can do to get more accuracy?

Adjust the pot as above.

---
Ray Wallace

                (UUCP)          ...!decwrl!oldtmr.enet!wallace

---

1. Mega ST Real Time Clocks

FYI - My Mega clock looses time as well. I wonder if there is an adjustment
for it like ICD has?
---
Ray Wallace

                (UUCP)          ...!decwrl!oldtmr.enet!wallace

---

2. HP DeskJet 2279A???

3. Mega ST real time clock

4. Ignite/UX of a 64 bit system

5. Mega-ST real time clock.

6. Major Relay host problem

7. Real Time Clock for ST's

8. For those who have started to play-

9. Real Time Clock Program

10. dallas real time clock?

11. F030 real-time clock failure

12. ICD Real Time CLock dead???

13. BATTERY B-UP'd REAL TIME CLOCK (wanted!)