600XL 64k

Post by Mark Bedingfiel » Fri, 08 Aug 2003 16:15:59

Hey guys, thanks to TXG I have a 64k 600XL. I used this method
http://atrey.karlin.mff.cuni.cz/~pavel/atari/600xl64Ka.html it works
perfectly. I have a couple of questions tho. How do the other upgrades
differ? http://atrey.karlin.mff.cuni.cz/~pavel/atari/600xl64Kb.html and
http://www-users.rwth-aachen.de/mathy.van_nisselroy/xl600k64.htm
respectivly, and is it possible to use the 1064 upgrade to give 112k of ram
with any of these. I will do the satantronic 1088k upgrade next, but was
just interested about the old 1064, I read some where long ago that it was
possible.

Mark

600XL 64k

Post by jim » Fri, 08 Aug 2003 21:29:25

Quote:> Hey guys, thanks to TXG I have a 64k 600XL. I used this method
> http://atrey.karlin.mff.cuni.cz/~pavel/atari/600xl64Ka.html it works
> perfectly. I have a couple of questions tho. How do the other upgrades
> differ? http://atrey.karlin.mff.cuni.cz/~pavel/atari/600xl64Kb.html and
> http://www-users.rwth-aachen.de/mathy.van_nisselroy/xl600k64.htm
> respectivly, and is it possible to use the 1064 upgrade to give 112k of
ram
> with any of these. I will do the satantronic 1088k upgrade next, but was
> just interested about the old 1064, I read some where long ago that it was
> possible.

The ones I have seen and the 256k upgrade plug in board are very similar.
only differance is with the 74ls32 (U18). it is pulled out and a jumper put
into the socket  9 to 11 from memory, tho has been a while. also seen at
least 2 differant ways or sourcing the a14 and a15 address lines. either
way, they still work

James