How to change MTOS "desk menu long name" of another app?

How to change MTOS "desk menu long name" of another app?

Post by Mario Becro » Thu, 07 Sep 1995 04:00:00

Under MultiTOS, the name of an app. appears under the desk menu when it
is loaded. Using the menu_register() call, this name can be changed to a
more descriptive one, rather than the filename.

However, many apps do not do this, esp. older ones.

I am trying to write an application which will set the "long name" of an
appliaction other than itself.

I tried using appl_find() to get the apid of the application who's name
needs changing, then calling menu_register() and passing that apid to it.
It worked! So, I tried it on another application just to be sure, and it
had no effect at all. I then tried it on the application that it worked
on to begin with, and it didn't work here any more either. Since then, I
have been unable to get this method to wrk at all :-(

Does anybody know how I can do this?

Thanks fo any help.

(Tiny) Web Page: http://iconz.co.nz/~mbecroft/

1. STacy 4 sale """""""""""""""""""""""""""

STacy

All the normal things that come with a STacy, PLUS:

FOUR megs of RAM
130 meg Hard Drive
Installed and working ADspeed board ( software or hardware switchable
External Keyboard port, just plug in a Mega ST(e) Keyboard
(keyboard not included)
Extention cord for a keyboard, compute from across the room
Wired for a battery (battery included but not very good)

Cost $  Make REASONABLE Offer

2. Wanted: PPP performance tuning tips

3. "Big" screen, flickering, "R: "/"Z:", etc

4. Riteman C+ printer w/Commodore interface (9x9 dot matrix)

5. Looking for "CyberStudio", "Cyber 3D", "CyberPaint", etc.

6. Client/Server performance data wanted

7. Where can I get "op_400," "op_sysxl," or "op_5200" emulators?

8. SMS 1.0 and 1.2 with 1 version of SMS administrator?

9. Adventures "Seramis" and "Mord an Bord"

10. "New"vs"Old" Qix, DigDug?

11. Sorry, "Asskicker" is NOT "Doom!"

12. Need: 2 Atari 800 games, "Quarxon" and "Caterpiggle"

13. WTF: Atari game "Qb" or "Cubie"