Alesis Schematic

Post by John Garo » Wed, 14 Mar 2001 08:23:23

Hi All,
   I'm looking for the schenatic (or even better, the service manual)
for the Alesis 1622 mixer. Alesis corp. won't repair it. The parts dept.
has no files (paper or computer) for that mixer. They've disowned it!!!
Their service companies trashed any records of it and won't service
it either.
  I've downloaded the product manual from their website. * 240k PDF type!
Can't tell if there's a schematic in there somewhere (Ghostscript is
good but 240k is a bit too much for it and my stock Falcon!).
   Any info is appreciated!
          John G.

Alesis Schematic

Post by Daniel L. Dreibelbi » Wed, 14 Mar 2001 11:18:36

Quote:> Hi All,
>    I'm looking for the schenatic (or even better, the service manual)
> for the Alesis 1622 mixer. Alesis corp. won't repair it. The parts dept.
> has no files (paper or computer) for that mixer. They've disowned it!!!
> Their service companies trashed any records of it and won't service
> it either.
>   I've downloaded the product manual from their website. * 240k PDF type!
> Can't tell if there's a schematic in there somewhere (Ghostscript is
> good but 240k is a bit too much for it and my stock Falcon!).
>    Any info is appreciated!

   hmm. That sounds familiar - by chance, is it that big grey mixer that
uses no audio pots on it, but instead uses wipers pulling along contact
points on the circuit board?

   I just downloaded the manual from Alesis' website and looked through
it with Adobe Acrobat. Unfortunately, there are no schematics included
with it.

   You might want to try asking in alt.music.4-track , there might be
some users there who have that mixer.

Alesis Schematic

Post by John Garo » Wed, 14 Mar 2001 16:36:04

>> Hi All,
>>    I'm looking for the schenatic (or even better, the service manual)
>> for the Alesis 1622 mixer.
>   hmm. That sounds familiar - by chance, is it that big grey mixer that
>uses no audio pots on it, but instead uses wipers pulling along contact
>points on the circuit board?

Hi Daniel,
   Yup! That's the mongster! It's easy to see why no one would attempt
servicing it. The first time I opened it up to clean the contacts,
every knob and slider (243) fell out!!! (insert loud profanities here).
So I devised a rig (of 4 bottle caps for the corners) to hold the upside
down front panel off the desk. But the board can't be fired up without the
front panel on! So a signal can't be traced!
   An alesis manager told me to build a simple one myself from Radio
Shack parts and it would sound better than their 1622 or trade it in for
one of their newer ones. Sorry man! Only fool me once!!!

Thanks for the NG info,
                John G.

Alesis Schematic

Post by Kenneth Medi » Wed, 14 Mar 2001 18:37:59

Quote:>I'm looking for the schenatic (or even better, the service manual)
>for the Alesis 1622 mixer. Alesis corp. won't repair it. The parts dept.
>I've downloaded the product manual from their website. * 240k PDF type!
>Can't tell if there's a schematic in there somewhere (Ghostscript is
>good but 240k is a bit too much for it and my stock Falcon!).

I'd say you are a little lazy :-) It took me about one minute to have a
_textversion_ displayed in CAB2.5 of the Alesis manual:

http://www.google.com/search?q=cache:www.alesis.com/downloads/manuals...

[Strange, I thought CAB2.5 had problems with long url's but this one got
pasted right from CAB into QED]

The searchengine Google http://www.google.com/ is a great tool as it both
searches _within_ online pdf documents and converts them to textformat.

Unfortunately I found no schematics mentioned. I also did another quick
search and found a place with lots of manuals of different kinds. The
have "repair manuals" for lots of similar equipment but not a single
Alesis one. They do however have a lot of Alesis owners manuals. To me
this sounds like Alesis have kept there schematics a secret...

--

Normal homepage: http://www5.tripnet.se/~kennethm/
Atari TT webserver at home: http://atari.mine.nu/

Alesis Schematic

Post by John Garo » Thu, 15 Mar 2001 03:19:27

>>I'm looking for the schenatic (or even better, the service manual)
>>for the Alesis 1622 mixer. Alesis corp. won't repair it. The parts dept.

>>I've downloaded the product manual from their website. * 240k PDF type!
>>Can't tell if there's a schematic in there somewhere (Ghostscript is
>>good but 240k is a bit too much for it and my stock Falcon!).

>I'd say you are a little lazy :-) It took me about one minute to have a
>_textversion_ displayed in CAB2.5 of the Alesis manual:

>http://www.google.com/search?q=cache:www.alesis.com/downloads/manuals...>xer+%2B1622+%2Bpdf

>[Strange, I thought CAB2.5 had problems with long url's but this one got
>pasted right from CAB into QED]

>The searchengine Google http://www.google.com/ is a great tool as it both
>searches _within_ online pdf documents and converts them to textformat.

>Unfortunately I found no schematics mentioned. I also did another quick
>search and found a place with lots of manuals of different kinds. The
>have "repair manuals" for lots of similar equipment but not a single
>Alesis one. They do however have a lot of Alesis owners manuals. To me
>this sounds like Alesis have kept there schematics a secret...

>--

>Normal homepage: http://www5.tripnet.se/~kennethm/
>Atari TT webserver at home: http://atari.mine.nu/
>   <<Produced with 100% pure Atari equipment>>
>.

Thanks Kenneth,
   Google sounds like a needed item here! Note: "lazy"! hmmmm...maybe...
but PDF and my version of Ghostcript (on a stock Falcon) is an extremely
long and time consuming process with a 240k PDF file!!! Hence, one of
the reasons for my post. Thanks also for checking out the Alesis file.
     John G.

Alesis Schematic

Post by xla.. » Thu, 15 Mar 2001 10:00:04

Quote:>  I've downloaded the product manual from their website. * 240k PDF type!
>Can't tell if there's a schematic in there somewhere (Ghostscript is
>good but 240k is a bit too much for it and my stock Falcon!).

Sorry can't help you with your mixer, but as you mention PDF problems:
I just had a problem with a 93 kB PDF on my Falcon - it would only show
and print the first 6 pages for some reason. I asked them to resend it
to me in RTF and it arrived ZIPped at some 300 kB, but when unzipped it
was an unbelievable 14 MB! Of course that was too much for my Falcon too
- Papyrus tried to load it but to no avail and eventually crashed out.
The fact that it had some graphics in it didn't help I guess. But I
still can't get over the compression factor - 97% according to 2 in 1!
And all for a 12 page or so document of mainly text...

Regards, /Peter/

Alesis Schematic

Post by John Garo » Thu, 15 Mar 2001 13:40:22

>>  I've downloaded the product manual from their website. * 240k PDF type!
>>Can't tell if there's a schematic in there somewhere (Ghostscript is
>>good but 240k is a bit too much for it and my stock Falcon!).

>Sorry can't help you with your mixer, but as you mention PDF problems:
>I just had a problem with a 93 kB PDF on my Falcon - it would only show
>and print the first 6 pages for some reason. I asked them to resend it
>to me in RTF and it arrived ZIPped at some 300 kB, but when unzipped it
>was an unbelievable 14 MB! Of course that was too much for my Falcon too
>- Papyrus tried to load it but to no avail and eventually crashed out.
>The fact that it had some graphics in it didn't help I guess. But I
>still can't get over the compression factor - 97% according to 2 in 1!
>And all for a 12 page or so document of mainly text...

>Regards, /Peter/

>.

Hi Peter,
   Yeah, this PDF stuff looks like a tough nut to crack!
         John G.

Alesis Schematic

Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2001 09:37:59 GMT

Quote:>>I've downloaded the product manual from their website. * 240k PDF type!
>>Can't tell if there's a schematic in there somewhere (Ghostscript is
>>good but 240k is a bit too much for it and my stock Falcon!).

>I'd say you are a little lazy :-) It took me about one minute to have a
>_textversion_ displayed in CAB2.5 of the Alesis manual:

It's also worth pointing out that Adobe offers a pdf-to-text convertion
service:

--
        ____     ____     ____
       / __ \   / __ \   / __ \

http://www.cix.co.uk/~derryck/index.htm

Alesis Schematic

Post by Lyndon Amsd » Fri, 16 Mar 2001 02:08:21

>Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2001 09:37:59 GMT

>>>I've downloaded the product manual from their website. * 240k PDF type!
>>>Can't tell if there's a schematic in there somewhere (Ghostscript is
>>>good but 240k is a bit too much for it and my stock Falcon!).

>>I'd say you are a little lazy :-) It took me about one minute to have a
>>_textversion_ displayed in CAB2.5 of the Alesis manual:

>It's also worth pointing out that Adobe offers a pdf-to-text convertion
>service:

Yeah, that's what I use at the moment, but the lack of pictures is
making it useless.  Download data sheets for chips is no good if you
can't see the pictures for the scope lines.

Lyndon Amsdon
--
  +---------------------------+

  +---------------------------+

Alesis Schematic

Post by John Garo » Mon, 19 Mar 2001 08:04:43

>Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2001 09:37:59 GMT

>>>I've downloaded the product manual from their website. * 240k PDF type!
>>>Can't tell if there's a schematic in there somewhere (Ghostscript is
>>>good but 240k is a bit too much for it and my stock Falcon!).

>>I'd say you are a little lazy :-) It took me about one minute to have a
>>_textversion_ displayed in CAB2.5 of the Alesis manual:

>It's also worth pointing out that Adobe offers a pdf-to-text convertion
>service:

>--

Thanks Derryck,
   Looks like a handy item although a pic of the schematic is needed
and (as pointed out here) text would'nt do any good in this situation.
May come in handy for something else though.
       John G.

1. Drumkitz editor/librarian for Alesis D4 wanted

Greetings fellow friends of Fuji!

If anyone can help here I'd be very grateful.  I'm looking for
an editor/librarian program for the Alesis D4 drum module
called DrumKitz which is US -written. I'd be grateful if anyone
could give me some info on this and whether there's a URL I
could get it at.  The version available on Tavern BBS is
corrupted. Please mail me if you've any info.

Cheers :)
Al

2. software

3. Using the ST with an Alesis SR16 drum machine

4. Worms Study - Infomation wanted.

5. CAF:SoundPool ADAT & Alesis AI3?

6. A good book for 2.1??

7. ATARI schematics on the WWW ?(was:Re: atari st schematics)

8. Win 98 SE Password remember prompt......

9. Schematics needed for the Atari XL's

10. USB cartridge, schematics now available

11. atari 800 schematics

12. schematics for 130XE and 600XL - where to find?

13. Misterious chip on 130XE schematics