AntMail and CAB?

Post by Renald Gasparovi » Fri, 11 Jul 1997 04:00:00

If I down load AntMail on PC how will I install AntMail on Atari 1040
STFM (RAM - 1MB).
May I  unzip this files on PC.
Is it good enough to save those unziped files on floppy diskettes 720
KB, and install then on ATARI?
My ATARI does not have Hard Drive.

May I do the same for CAB for WWW?

THANK YOU!
regards
Renald

AntMail and CAB?

Post by !yno » Sat, 12 Jul 1997 04:00:00

On Thu, 10 Jul 1997 17:08:02 -0700, Renald Gasparovic

>If I down load AntMail on PC how will I install AntMail on Atari 1040
>STFM (RAM - 1MB).
>May I  unzip this files on PC.

 Yes Easilly....ZIP is pretty platform independant :)

Quote:>Is it good enough to save those unziped files on floppy diskettes 720

 Yes..unlike PC software it will easilly fit on a 720k disk

Quote:>KB, and install then on ATARI?

 No Problem

Quote:>My ATARI does not have Hard Drive.

 Same here

Quote:>May I do the same for CAB for WWW?

 Yes...But you will struggle to make the latest CAB work on a one meg
ATARI with no HD.......I know from experience that older versions work
on such systems (CAB 1.1).. but I have been totally unsuccesfull in
getting the latest (none commercial) CAB (1.5) to work on a one meg
floppy system.. This should not be taken that it won't...but merely
that if its possible then it aint easy ?

Cheers   !ynoT ( ATARI Programmer )

STOSSER Software http://www.airtime.co.uk/users/stosser
Home of the Official STOS FAQ : TGC Examples Programmer

1. Atention CAB/STIK/ANTMail really works this way.

All of these options above make no difference anymore.. they were for
use with little utils Steve wrote for himself and the irclogs
dissapeared when irc.tos was made into a seperate program from stik.
Hope this clarifies things a little.

Flinny.
__

                <      Nicholas Flintham        >

                < Http://www.unn.ac.uk/~cju920/ >

2. Free/Open source tools

3. Removing Windows 98 Having Succesfully Installed Windows 2000

4. STik/CAB/MGFTP/Antmail/Forcast all work fine here :)

5. m505: data will really lost if battery not recharge in a week?

6. antmail newsie

7. Where can I find error message definitions?

8. CAB OVL / CAB 2.7

9. StinG/CAB/CAB.OVL

10. Antmail Problems??

11. Antmail 0.7.5 released