Atari RIP....

Post by fvdak.. » Thu, 15 Dec 1994 07:03:24

Quote:co>(Pekka Saarinen) writes:

co>>> (especially Englishmen who live next
co>>> to Germany)
co>>
co>>Are you talking about me by any chance?
co>
co>Did I mention any names? :-)
co>I wasn't talking about English citizens who live in Belgium, but
co>about *all* people in England (England is near Germany: just across
co>the channel and to the left a bit...).

Don't you forget thaat there still is a nice little country "The
Netherlands" between Germany and the Channel? :-)

--
 |[From]===============================================================|
 |    Ster BBS, The Netherlands. +31 (0)1880 - 40035 (10 lines 24hrs)  |

Atari RIP....

Post by Tim Seufe » Thu, 15 Dec 1994 08:12:01

> >As far as I know, no Mac uses the 68EC040.  I don't think I've seen any
> >accelerator boards with them, either.  The EC040 lacks a MMU, and you need
> >one to do System 7 virtual memory.

> Perhaps in one of the smaller PowerBooks?

Nope - they're all 68LC040, a low-power surface mount version, 25 or 33
MHz.  People would really scream if they couldn't use VM on their
PowerBooks.  :-)

| Do the environment a favor.  Use goat-flavored floppy disks. |
| Think about it, won't you?  Thank you.                       |

Atari RIP....

Post by Don Map » Fri, 16 Dec 1994 05:39:28

Hendrik Mylius:

Quote:> The proTOS in Hennef was _way_ better than the one in Ulm!!

Like real estate salespeople say: Location! Location! Location!

One thing Atari did right was choosing Dusseldorf for their show
(not that it takes a lot of smarts to figure that one out...) But
Dusseldorf, which is located centrally to *Europe*, is bound to be
more attractive.

(For geographically challenged: Hennef is a suburb of Bonn which is
a couple of stonesthrows from Dusseldorf.)

Don

Atari RIP....

Post by Andreas DIE » Sat, 17 Dec 1994 01:38:52

>:publication is done in English! Why not choose a dead language or a
>:newly designed language (like, e.g., Esperanto) for international
>:communication?

>because almost everybody speaks english. And BTW why is english worse
>equiped for international communication than esperanto (which *is* a
>dead language BTW) ? Are you jealous of the english?

"Jealous" is perhaps not the right word. I did not say that English was less
suited for international communication than any other language. I simply don't
like the fact that some people should have the advantage that their mother
language is the "international standard language". The same chances for
everyone! (By the way, I am german and not french.)

Best regards

        Andreas

Atari RIP....

Post by Hendrik Myli » Sat, 17 Dec 1994 05:28:34

Quote:>Nope - they're all 68LC040, a low-power surface mount version, 25 or 33
>MHz.  People would really scream if they couldn't use VM on their
>PowerBooks.  :-)

You're right ;-)

BTW, which models have a 66 mhz clock? There's even a PowerBook with that
speed but I forgot the model.

--
/Hendr!K/
                           ''~``

| D-32049 Herford      .oooO          Phone/Facsimile:  |P|
| Germoney/Earth       (   )   Oooo. +49-52 21-85 55 45 |!|
+-----------------------\ (----(   )--------------------+-+
                         \_)    ) /
                               (_/

Atari RIP....

Post by Hendrik Myli » Sun, 18 Dec 1994 05:15:04

Hi Don!

Quote:>> The proTOS in Hennef was _way_ better than the one in Ulm!!
>One thing Atari did right was choosing Dusseldorf for their show
>(not that it takes a lot of smarts to figure that one out...) But
>Dusseldorf, which is located centrally to *Europe*, is bound to be

But the Hennef proTOS was also considered to be much better than the FEZ-A-BIT
in Berlin. And Berlin is quite famous, isn't it ;-)

--
/Hendr!K/
                           ''~``
                          ( o o )
+--------------------.oooO--(_)--Oooo.------------------+-+

| D-32049 Herford      .oooO          Phone/Facsimile:  |P|
| Germoney/Earth       (   )   Oooo. +49-52 21-85 55 45 |!|
+-----------------------\ (----(   )--------------------+-+
                         \_)    ) /
                               (_/

Atari RIP....

Post by BARRY WILSO » Wed, 21 Dec 1994 04:56:53

Quote:>One thing Atari did right was choosing Dusseldorf for their show
>(not that it takes a lot of smarts to figure that one out...) But
>Dusseldorf, which is located centrally to *Europe*, is bound to be
>more attractive.

Couldn't agree more, I've been very puzzled by the show locations, Ulm, Berlin
Hennef. I guess the exhibition hall is more expensive at Dusseldorf.

ISTR that Dusseldorf attracted visitors, and exhibitors, from UK, Holland and
Belgium, don't think you could say the same for Berlin or Ulm.

Atari RIP....

Post by Chris Gr » Wed, 21 Dec 1994 21:26:22

| >One thing Atari did right was choosing Dusseldorf for their show
| >(not that it takes a lot of smarts to figure that one out...) But
| >Dusseldorf, which is located centrally to *Europe*, is bound to be

| But the Hennef proTOS was also considered to be much better than the FEZ-A-BIT
| in Berlin. And Berlin is quite famous, isn't it ;-)

Indeed some would say that Berlin is *at* the centre of Europe.  Measuring
from the North Cape, the Urals, the Bosphorus, and the Atlantic... :)