ST harddrive readable by PC?

Post by Kimmo Lahtin » Tue, 16 Mar 1993 14:49:37

Quote:>My ST harddrive died recently and I'd like to see if it's the controller
>or the drive itself by pulling them apart and plugging the drive mechanism
>into a PC.  I know the floppy formats are the same, so does it carry through
>to harddrives?  And how much trouble am I going to have configuring the
>PC's controller?

I think you can not read the drive in PC the main problem is perhaps the
different partition information. But you could read the pc-drive in Atari,
at least with new ICD drivers. I have not yet tested it, but they
promice it in the documentation.

But anyway you can test the drive with a SCSI controller in pc, but
I am afraid you lose all your files.

Kimmo

Finnish Meteorological Institute    Phone  : +358 0 758 1322
Possessed by a Spirit               G3 Fax : +358 0 758 1396

1. How to Convert .son files to PC-Compatible (MIDI or any other PC readable format)

does anyone know how to convert old existing .son (song) files that i
presently have on my ancient atari to something that i can view and edit on
my PC?  i would greatly appreciate any help, information or guidance that
anyone might be able to provide in this area as i have a substantial number
of old .son files which i need to get onto my pc.  thanks very much in
advance.
beau

2. Uninstall Q321232 and others

3. Making a CD on a PC that is readable by an Atari ST

4. solidworks and windos 2000, HELP!!!!!!!!!!

5. ST disks on a PC - are they readable/writeable ?

6. NEW 8 bit SOFTWARE

7. Harddisk readable by Atari ST and PC?

8. Followup: Further clarification on the ODBC.Net Issue

9. .ST File to ST readable Disks

10. help with converting TW files to files readable on PC

11. SPX, SPC files to anything PC readable. HOW?

12. CAN YOU USE AN IDE PC HARDDRIVE ON AN ATARI 1040STf