looking for gfa-basic v1 (same author as turbo basic xl)

looking for gfa-basic v1 (same author as turbo basic xl)

Post by lp » Wed, 13 Mar 2002 15:25:29

Hi,

I'm trying to track down a version of GFA-Basic v1.0
If anyone has a copy or the original disks let me know.
Thanks.

-------------
Lonny Pursell

looking for gfa-basic v1 (same author as turbo basic xl)

Post by Son of ma » Wed, 13 Mar 2002 22:40:07

Is this for ST or 8-bit?

> Hi,

> I'm trying to track down a version of GFA-Basic v1.0
> If anyone has a copy or the original disks let me know.
> Thanks.

> -------------
> Lonny Pursell

looking for gfa-basic v1 (same author as turbo basic xl)

Post by lp » Wed, 13 Mar 2002 23:31:04

Quote:> Is this for ST or 8-bit?

For the ST.

>> Hi,

>> I'm trying to track down a version of GFA-Basic v1.0
>> If anyone has a copy or the original disks let me know.
>> Thanks.

-------------
Lonny Pursell

looking for gfa-basic v1 (same author as turbo basic xl)

Post by Son of ma » Thu, 14 Mar 2002 01:15:12

I'm very sure I can get this from a store owner I know. I am going this
Saturday. I was supposed to go last weekend but it just didn't happen (2 1/2
hours drive)

I'm going to try to make it this saturday for sure...I'll let you know.

at

> > Is this for ST or 8-bit?

> For the ST.

Quote:> >> Hi,

Post by mach » Thu, 14 Mar 2002 05:32:15

>Hi,

>I'm trying to track down a version of GFA-Basic v1.0
>If anyone has a copy or the original disks let me know.
>Thanks.

>-------------
>Lonny Pursell

If you're interested in the original manual (in German), I have it.
But I get to keep the folder it came with... ;-)
It was from a friend who had an ST, don't remember why he didn't
need it anymore when he gave it to me... Sorry, no disks, I think
he formatted them.

--
__________   ____---____       Marco Antonio  Checa  Funcke
\_________D /-/---_----'      Santiago de Surco, Lima, Peru

remove the "no_me_j." and "sons.of." parts before replying

Post by William Kendri » Thu, 14 Mar 2002 07:08:37

>> Is this for ST or 8-bit?

> For the ST.

Tried comp.sys.atari.st ? :)

-bill!

looking for gfa-basic v1 (same author as turbo basic xl)

Post by lp » Thu, 14 Mar 2002 08:39:34

Quote:>> For the ST.

> Tried comp.sys.atari.st ? :)

Actually I did, not one reply.  ;-)
I figured some 8-bit users might of gotten ST's and used GFA-Basic since it
is related to Turbo Basic XL.

-------------
Lonny Pursell

looking for gfa-basic v1 (same author as turbo basic xl)

Post by lp » Thu, 14 Mar 2002 08:41:29

Quote:> If you're interested in the original manual (in German), I have it.
> But I get to keep the folder it came with... ;-)
> It was from a friend who had an ST, don't remember why he didn't
> need it anymore when he gave it to me... Sorry, no disks, I think
> he formatted them.

Thanks for the offer, but I don't need the manual, just a working binary.
;-)

-------------
Lonny Pursell

Post by William Kendri » Thu, 14 Mar 2002 09:00:39

> I figured some 8-bit users might of gotten ST's and used GFA-Basic since it
> is related to Turbo Basic XL.

Is it?  Hmm... Interesting.

-bill!

looking for gfa-basic v1 (same author as turbo basic xl)

Post by Ron Hamilto » Thu, 14 Mar 2002 09:57:35

Yep, same author.

--
-Ron

http://www.atariland.com/members/oldatarian

Post by lp » Thu, 14 Mar 2002 10:00:41

>> I figured some 8-bit users might of gotten ST's and used GFA-Basic since it
>> is related to Turbo Basic XL.

> Is it?  Hmm... Interesting.

Both were coded by the same guy.  I've reverse engineered the token format
of GFA-Basic v3.x, I found a copy of v2.x, now all I need is v1.0 to
complete my set.  They all have different token formats from what I've read.

-------------
Lonny Pursell

1. GFA BASIC -> GFA BASIC for WINDOWS

As far as I know, as of GFA v3.5E, GFA was trying to promote cross
platform capabilities with Amiga and PC versions of GFA Basic.

As long as you stay clear of machine specific peeks, pokes, and hardware
registers, etc. most GFA commands should translate smoothly over to the
PC.  Don't forget that the PC versions were developed after the Atari
versions so compatibility was most likely retained.

If you are really concerned, try contacting GFA directly about code
portability.

Ari

2. MediaOne in Miami, FL

3. Prob: Pocket Outlook Synchro does not remove deleted emails from PC

4. GFA BASIC ST <--> GFA BASIC PC Windows

5. What is $IPC resource on NT?

6. SpartaDOS and FROST BASIC (800 Turbo BASIC).

7. Synching Outlook Contacts with Palm Address Book?

8. FROST BASIC (Turbo BASIC for the 800).

9. 400/800 Turbo BASIC (FROST BASIC)

10. Hisoft BASIC v GFA Basic?

11. How does Basic XL, Basic XE, and Turbo Basic XL Stack Up? (nt)