Real Time Clock Program

Post by Dwane O'Dwye » Mon, 04 Oct 1999 04:00:00

A few years ago when I had my first ST, I installed a Real Time Clock module
(From Dallas Semiconductors) inside my ST.  Now that I have got another ST,
I want to do the same.  The program was called AREAL or something similar,
and it came as a auto-load program which automatically retrieved the time
and date from the module and set the ST's time.  It also had an accessory
which set the time initially.  Does anyone know where I can get the program
from, AND the installation instructions???  I have managed to get an old
version of the program, but it hasn't got the installation instructions for
the module with it.  The files I have are called ar20boot.arc and
ar20set.arc.  Can someone out there help me, please!

    thanks in advance.

Real Time Clock Program

Post by Dwane O'Dwye » Mon, 04 Oct 1999 04:00:00

I have found the program and info I require, thanks to another news group
reader..........
Thanks to all.

Quote:> A few years ago when I had my first ST, I installed a Real Time Clock
module
> (From Dallas Semiconductors) inside my ST.  Now that I have got another
ST,
> I want to do the same.  The program was called AREAL or something similar,
> and it came as a auto-load program which automatically retrieved the time
> and date from the module and set the ST's time.  It also had an accessory
> which set the time initially.  Does anyone know where I can get the
program
> from, AND the installation instructions???  I have managed to get an old
> version of the program, but it hasn't got the installation instructions
for
> the module with it.  The files I have are called ar20boot.arc and
> ar20set.arc.  Can someone out there help me, please!

>     thanks in advance.

1. dallas real time clock?

Can someone please tell me what this is sitting on my desk?  I will try
to describe it.  One part is a 40 pin header that has a chip encased in
the underside (chip is 14pin has dallas ds1206 label) this is connected
by an 18" five conductor ribbon cable to a pc board.  The pc board has a
black plastic enclosure around it with dallas ds1250 written on it.  On
the pc board are five sets of 5pin headers (look just sipp headers only
smaller)  I dug this out of a computer store's junk box and paid them a
dollar for it.  Won't be too sad if I can't use it.  Can this be used on
a 1040stf with an external battery hooked to one of the sipp headers?
Thanks in advance for any info...................j

2. DOS Card info needed

3. Mega ST Real Time Clocks

4. please check my static NAT config

5. Internal / External Multiplexing; Sync Instruction

6. Real Time Clock for ST's

7. Re : SAS/AF

8. Mega ST real time clock

9. F030 real-time clock failure

10. ICD Real Time CLock dead???

11. BATTERY B-UP'd REAL TIME CLOCK (wanted!)

12. Real time clock from MINIX?