Question for Dr. Seimet

Post by jon » Sat, 16 Aug 2003 13:35:19

Uwe,
         Can you tell me what drivers are needed to run a CD rom with the
ST?  This isn't any drive though, it's a Pioneer 6 disk changer.  Is the
Atari able to address each disk as a separate device?

Thanks

Question for Dr. Seimet

Post by Uwe Seime » Sat, 16 Aug 2003 14:02:11

> Uwe,
>          Can you tell me what drivers are needed to run a CD rom with the
> ST?  This isn't any drive though, it's a Pioneer 6 disk changer.  Is the
> Atari able to address each disk as a separate device?

I am sorry but I cannot answer this question. You should ask the authors
of CD-ROM drivers for the Atari as it depends on their software how such
a device can be accessed.

                                    http://www.seimet.de

Question for Dr. Seimet

Post by Gale » Wed, 20 Aug 2003 09:02:06

> Uwe,
>          Can you tell me what drivers are needed to run a CD rom with the
> ST?  This isn't any drive though, it's a Pioneer 6 disk changer.  Is the
> Atari able to address each disk as a separate device?

I seem to recall that it is indeed possible.  Roger Burrows at
Anodynesoftware.com would be a good person to ask.

Galen

Question for Dr. Seimet

Post by Derryck Croke » Wed, 20 Aug 2003 17:45:40

>> Uwe,
>> Can you tell me what drivers are needed to run a CD rom with the
>> ST?  This isn't any drive though, it's a Pioneer 6 disk changer.  Is the
> I seem to recall that it is indeed possible.  Roger Burrows at
> Anodynesoftware.com would be a good person to ask.

ISTR that each disk position receives its own LUN, with the entire device
being addressed by its SCSI ID. So no 1 could be 3.0, the second 3.1 and so
on.

--

Cheers

Derryck
        ____     ____     ____
       / __ \   / __ \   / __ \
      / / / /  / / / /  / /_/ /
     / /_/ /  / /_/ /  / ____/
    /_____/  /_____/  /_/ Translations

http://ddp.atari.org

Question for Dr. Seimet

Post by Edward S. Baiz Jr » Thu, 21 Aug 2003 01:06:59

Quote:>Uwe,
>         Can you tell me what drivers are needed to run a CD rom with the
>ST?  This isn't any drive though, it's a Pioneer 6 disk changer.  Is the
>Atari able to address each disk as a separate device?

>Thanks

I believe that Extendos Gold has this option. I would contact
Roger Burrows at Andyne just to make sure.

--
Edward S. Baiz Jr.
    (Gamer)

HADES 060: 256meg Ram, Yamaha & Sony CDRW Drive, 1 gig
 Jaz Drive, MicroTek E3 Scanner, Mach 64 w/4meg Ram, Epson
 Photo 700 printer, PCI Networking Card, ICQ#91257633
PROGRAMS: Extendos Gold, Cab 2.8, ScanX, GlueStik, aFTP,
 Calamus SL2002, Newswatch, Okami, PlayMyCD, Papyrus 8, Smurf,
 Nova Driver 2.67, NVDI 5, Mint(Net), Magic(Net), N.AES, Geneva

Question for Dr. Seimet

Post by Steve Swee » Thu, 21 Aug 2003 09:53:20

Yo!, Delboy

"Derryck Croker"

Quote:> >> Can you tell me what drivers are needed to run a CD rom with the
> >> ST?  This isn't any drive though, it's a Pioneer 6 disk changer.  Is
the

> > I seem to recall that it is indeed possible.  Roger Burrows at
> > Anodynesoftware.com would be a good person to ask.

> ISTR that each disk position receives its own LUN, with the entire device
> being addressed by its SCSI ID. So no 1 could be 3.0, the second 3.1 and
so
> on.

That's correct, Kevin used to have one on't Fortress, i think that was a
Nakamishi<sp>

--

Regards Steve

You've not seen a worried sheep
until you've seen a sheep worried by me!!

1. Dr Uwe Seimet, please respond..

Hi to Uwe and anyone else reading this...it isn't personal, so I'm not
fussed..

WEith HD-Driver and the Falcon IDE...If I connect an LS-120 can I get it to
log as B: ? Is the LS120 bootable as far as the Atari is concerned?....It's
just that with Mario's ST-IDE interface (which is a straight logical copy
of the Falcon's) it would be helpful to be able to boot from an LS-120 that
had replaced the floppy drive, and I would be able to sell a copmplewrte
upgrade kit consisting of an interface and an LS120 to replace the standard
floppy as A: (*which I know that HD-Driver can do, I just don't know if
it's bootable. LS120's are bootable in PC's either as Drive C upwards on
the IDE port or as A: if used with a special card...
      Many thanks for your advice...

chrisc

2. LanWorkPlace PPP Problems

3. Letter from Uwe Seimet re IDE HDD problems

4. getting sendmail to bind to only one IP address

5. Calling UWE SEIMET !

6. Emulator for Linux

7. questions, questions, questions

8. Sound problem after win98->win2k Pro upgrade

9. questions, questions, questions ...

10. To Cabell and Dr. Clu:

11. Dr. Who Adv, was Basic Problems

12. Dr.Wacko