Advertizing on USENET, specifically csa8

Advertizing on USENET, specifically csa8

Post by James R. Gilbe » Thu, 30 Apr 1998 04:00:00

(Re: Bravo Sierra and advertizing on USENET.)
I feel that Mr. Smith follows good USENET advertizing
practices. (Picking apart his copy is, well, a bit of
nitpicking.) He doesn't post ads more than once a week or
so. He has a web site to get more information, and even
posts or has a voice line for his business. He doesn't take
a lot of space with multiple, LARGE, ads. And his ads are
strictly on topic.

And he participates in the group. I believe the above is in
keeping with the FAQ, 'Advertizing on the Internet: How to
do it, how not to do it.' as posted in news.newusers (that
may not be the exact usenet group, it is an official usenet
policy newgroup, moderated, I believe.) Russ

1. C Compilers -- GST specifically

Most of the reviews of GST-C emphasize that it does not support floating
point, which is not terribly important for most systems programming
(except graphics).  However, when I took a look at the package I was
surprised to discover that it does not support structures (or unions).
I can't see much value in a compiler that doesn't implement one of the
most valuable features of modern programming languages and that
restricts the user to primitive data structures.

2. 4450 toner?

3. Delayed CSA8 Postings

4. SpeedStream 3060 Internal DSL Modem

5. csa8 == ia8 -P?

6. Pioneer DR-504S

7. csa8 problems

8. How to disable interrupts (68040)

9. Searching the csa8 archives

10. csa8 Digest

11. Source of old usenet posts for comp.sys.atari.8bit

12. TERM settings, etc. for reading Usenet with 800xl

13. Transport Needed for USENET.