TOS 1.0 40 folder problem and HD's

Post by sys.. » Tue, 04 Dec 1990 07:05:54

Hello everyone,

I have a 1040ST with TOS 1.0, and megafile 20 (which I put apart, mounted the
original ST225 and host adaptor in a different enclosure and added an ST251
for added storage).

Atari's hard disk software does not support the ST251 (or at least I
couldn't make it recognize the extra space over the ST225) so I'm using
Supra's hard disk utilities.

Now, I am familiar with the TOS 1.0 bug that limits the amount of folders
per disk to 40. Atari used to supply a little utility that would fix that.
DOes anyone know if that utility (I believe it was called FOLDR100.PRG)
will work with Supra's hd utilities?

Thans in advance,

--
Javier Henderson, N6VBG

{simpact,asylum,elroy}!hamavnet!n6vbg!system

TOS 1.0 40 folder problem and HD's

Post by Bob_BobR_Rete.. » Fri, 07 Dec 1990 09:00:04

Javier Henderson asks:

Quote:>Now, I am familiar with the TOS 1.0 bug that limits the amount of folders
>per disk to 40. Atari used to supply a little utility that would fix that.
>DOes anyone know if that utility (I believe it was called FOLDR100.PRG)
>will work with Supra's hd utilities?

FOLDRXXX.PRG should work just fine with the Supra utilities...  you can chang
the XXX to whatever value you find works best with your particular system.
The larger the number of course, the more memory is reserved...

BobR