spectre GCR, memory upgrade, japanese

Post by MARC LA » Thu, 21 Jun 1990 06:47:40

MICHAEL,
We use Spectre together with a memory upgrade from 1 to 2.5 M from
Frontier Software, North Yorkshire, England. PO Box 113, Harrogate.
Price in Holland about $ 450 (100 card, 350 chips). No problems ntil
now. Works fine with Spectre 128 and PC Speed (Dos-emulator).
Marc Laan, Amsterdam, Holland.

1. spectre GCR, memory upgrade, japanese

Since my last message about using the japanese system with the GCR
didn't exactly get a huge response, I guess I'll just have to try
it out. To do this, I need to upgrade my STs memory from 1 meg to
2.5 or more. Can anybody suggest any good kits + mail order places
(there probably are no dealers in Tokyo) for

       - the memory upgrade (I can find the chips to populate the
         board here in Japan)
       - the spectre GCR

success/horror stories for the memory upgrade are also welcome (but
please by e-mail, it's been a topic in this group quite often).

            thanks in advance....michael doser

2. CMIP and TCP/IP

3. And now CD-ROM under Spectre GCR (was ZIP Drive under Spectre GCR)

4. I read the FAQ, But what is the fastest you can go with TWGS

5. GCR + japanese system

6. Recommend SSH client for OS/2?

7. memory upgrade with 256x4 memory?

8. Upgrading ST memory with Mac memory