eBay auction over: WAS THE FINAL PRICE TOO LOW?

eBay auction over: WAS THE FINAL PRICE TOO LOW?

Post by Kenneth Heffingto » Mon, 14 Apr 2003 10:41:50

I think the price was on the low side of what you could have gotten on ebay.
I think the shipping of $40 to $50 was a definite killer.

"Daniel Chartier" <daniel_cad at * no spam * hotmail dot com> wrote in

Quote:> http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3017276172&category...

Post by RCU » Tue, 15 Apr 2003 13:37:35

Quote:> http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3017276172&category...

> Click on this site to see what I sold.  It included a 130xe specially
> modified to work with a pc keyboard, 2 1050 drives, 16 carts, some
> original software, and about 150 extra disks, magazines, books, 3
> joysticks.  A very nice package.

> The problem is that it ONLY sold for 107.50.  I thought that it was worth
> between 160 and 200.

If it helps, I planned to bid up to $150, but ended up taking an afternoon
nap instead. :)  Whoops!

Post by Gimp » Tue, 15 Apr 2003 15:43:13

"Daniel Chartier" <daniel_cad at * no spam * hotmail dot com> wrote in

Quote:> As far as the shipping is oncerned, I could probably have worked something
> out.  By taking out the magazines and the disk trays, I could perhaps have
> squeezed the disks into the big box, bringing the shipping fees to 25 or a
> bit less.  I wish I had thought of this before, but I figured that would
not
> mind paying a bit extra for shipping to get the whole kit.

> How much of an effect would that have had?  Or would I have had to split
> everything up into smaller packages: 130xe package, 1050 package, game 1
> package, etc.

> Then there is the question of how much the war/recession/tax
> season/terrorism might have to do with it, as well as the question: Are
> Ataris still selling well.  Also, do I have to wait until Xmas to get good
> bids?

> --
> As far as the guy who won a 130xe and 1050 for 10 or 11$: Good for you,
> however note that they said that was sold as is and was only partially
> tested.  Mine was fully tested, came with more hardware and
modificiations,
> more software, more books, more everything so you really cannot compare
the
> 11$ system to mine.  You still got a nice deal, though.

 Oh no I didn't mean that the system I bought for $10.49 was anything close
to what you were selling but just that on EBay you sometimes see 1 1050
drive go for like $70.00 US and the next time you see a complete system go
for $10 bucks.

Oh btw that 130xe and 1050 for $10.49 and both work great, the xe's keyboard
is kinda yellowed though. On the bottom of the 130 was a sticker from a
thrift store that said $3.00 LOL!

Post by RoyE » Tue, 15 Apr 2003 16:04:41

"Daniel Chartier" <daniel_cad at * no spam * hotmail dot com> wrote in

SNIP

Quote:> --
> As far as the guy who won a 130xe and 1050 for 10 or 11$: Good for you,
> however note that they said that was sold as is and was only partially
> tested.  Mine was fully tested, came with more hardware and
modificiations,
> more software, more books, more everything so you really cannot compare
the
> 11$ system to mine.  You still got a nice deal, though.

SNIP

The most fun that I get out of the Atari line is being able to repair and
upgrade as necessary.  Your system doesn't need repair or upgrading, so that
leaves me out of bidding on it.  Electronic projects:  I try to have a
different modification or upgrade in each of my Atari's so I go for the ones
sold as-is just hoping for another project to work on.

Have fun selling and thanks for the Auctions..

RoyE

Post by Tim » Wed, 16 Apr 2003 05:05:37

"Daniel Chartier" <daniel_cad at * no spam * hotmail dot com> wrote in

> http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3017276172&category...

> Click on this site to see what I sold.  It included a 130xe specially
> modified to work with a pc keyboard, 2 1050 drives, 16 carts, some
original
> software, and about 150 extra disks, magazines, books, 3 joysticks.  A
very
> nice package.

> The problem is that it ONLY sold for 107.50.  I thought that it was worth
> between 160 and 200.  Then again, maybe I'm being greedy, so I'm asking
you:
> - How much do you think it was worth?
> - Would it have sold for more separtely?
> - Did the fact that it is in Canada, has a 40+ shipping fee cause a
problem?
> (Shipping was expensive because the main box was big and heavy, and also
> because the disks and the disk trays would not fit in the big box.  They
had
> to be put into a smaller box, but the volume was expensive to ship of the
> small box.)
> - Also talking about Canada: did the chance of a slowdown in mail at the
> border cause a big problem?  (They would still get it, and the shipping
was
> the cheapest available, so it would not be like they were paying top
dollar
> to have it tomorrow, but was delayed a few days at the border).

> --

> To contact me, replace "at * no spam * hotmail dot com" in my email to

I think it was a little high myself.

I looked at it but luckily won one that was only $32 for a 130XE and 1050,
and 410 Casette recorder.  Plus the hidden bonus was the 1050 had a Happy
Upgrade in it!  ;)

Woohoo..

Tim

eBay auction over: WAS THE FINAL PRICE TOO LOW?

You got more than I would have paid...  but that's me.