connecting to Demon, but no modem/IP traffic!

connecting to Demon, but no modem/IP traffic!

Post by Marc CR Bouro » Tue, 01 Apr 1997 04:00:00

Hi Folks,

I'm using NOS on my ST to connect to Demon.  Most times I initially attempt
to connect, I get through OK, past the login and motd, but then it all sort
of hangs quietly doing nothing - there's no traffic going through the modem.

I've rummaged amongst the various commands for clues, and the only one that
looks promising is "ppp sl0", which gives:

    Physical line dead.
    [...various numbers...]
    LCP Listening - waiting for remote host to attempt open.
    [...more numbers...]
    IPCP Listening - waiting for remote host to attempt open.
    [...more stuff...]

Does this mean anything to anyone?  Unfortunately, it doesn't to me.  Is there
anything I can do to prod it into life?  Otherwise I just wait for it (or me!)
to timeout, and start again (which may or may not then work).

Any clues would be gratefully received.

Cheers,

--

             also at: http://www.lobotomy.demon.co.uk/marc.htm
   "Give me another three brain cells, and I could be *really* dangerous..."