The new versions of the GNU fileutils (version 1.4) is now available for
anonymous ftp at cs.uni-sb.de [18.104.22.168] in directory pub/atari/tools.
The (trivial) patches for the ST source are in file fileutils-1.4-diffs. The
binaries can be found in pub/atari/bin. For differences to the old version
see also the announcement by David J. MacKenzie on gnu.announce.
The atari version differs in the following aspects:
- mkfifo is not supported (it says so when it is compiled)
- if you ask ln to make a hardlink it really copies the file
- mv of directories is supported only on TOS >= 1.4
- chmod is not fully implemented (we have no user-specific restrictions
in our OS)
- touch can of course not change three separate times (only the
Try it and like it!
Liesbet-Dill-Stra\ss e 3
D-6602 Dudweiler -o- -o-
Phone: 06897/74643 '---'