MagiC News(MagiC 7, New Webbrowser, MM 6.1.4)

MagiC News(MagiC 7, New Webbrowser, MM 6.1.4)

Post by Bengy Collin » Sun, 05 Dec 1999 04:00:00

MagiC 7 network support! (Dec 4)

A very reliable contact of MagiC online has informed us of some very
interesting "rumors". The first one? It is a strong possibility that MagiC
version 7 will have built-in networking support and that a TCP/IP shared
lib. is now in final beta. Below you will find an agreeable quote from the
informant:
"Can you imagine MagiC with a built in IConnect compatible stack, and shared
libraries that makes writing clients very easy? :-))))..... this means the
end for MiNT/freeMinT/N-AES and other crap."

High End Webbrowser in the works? (Dec 4)

It's has been speculated for awhile now that ASH is working on a
"CAB-Replacement" web browser that is to be fast and boast many modern
features. Recently, some information has came out that suggests that this is
exactly what ASH is doing, as they need to put a "browser in their catalog
ASAP."
The interesting aspect is that these recent rumors say that BOTH the
Brothers Behne (NVDI) and the two K's (MagiC) are working together on this
product! This is really something to watch out for.

MagiCMac now friends with OS 9! (Dec 3)

Finally, ASH has released a patch to update MagiC Mac 6.x to a state of OS 9
compatibility. Previously, OS 9 would only work together with MagiC Mac if
they were ran on older Macintoshes that had the ROM hard coded. (this
excluded every recent Macintosh, including the original and current
iMacs/G4's)
The update is free of charge and can be downloaded from the link below.

http://www.application-systems.de/magicmac/download.html

--
For daily news and information pertaining to MagiC and modern Atari

(Yes, Its alive again!)

PS: I will not be posting all the news from MagiC online in this group
(unless there is a strong want for this? :-) I just thought that the above
articles were rather interesting

Bengy

Post by Jo Even Skarstei » Sun, 05 Dec 1999 04:00:00

> "Can you imagine MagiC with a built in IConnect compatible stack, and shared
> libraries that makes writing clients very easy? :-))))..... this means the
> end for MiNT/freeMinT/N-AES and other crap."

Heh! Interesting to hear, but *how* a libsock.slb kan "kill" MiNT-Net is
beyond me... Anyway, this slb should be perfectly usable under MiNT as
well - if ASH ever release the specs on the IConnect API that is.

Quote:> High End Webbrowser in the works? (Dec 4)

Now *that's* interesting! I just wonder how ASH can justify making it
MagiC-only now that FreeMiNT and N.AES 2 supports everything MagiC does
and then some.

--

/*
** Jo Even Skarstein   http://www.stud.ntnu.no/~josk/

MagiC News(MagiC 7, New Webbrowser, MM 6.1.4)

Post by Martin-Eric Racin » Sun, 05 Dec 1999 04:00:00

Quote:> "Can you imagine MagiC with a built in IConnect compatible stack,
>  this means the end for MiNT/freeMinT/N-AES and other crap."

Whoever you're quoting this from is a complete idiot.

MiNT-Net can readily use most BSD/Linux/Unix sources out there,
with almost no patching required, since LIB 0.54.  Somehow, I'd
really doubt that iConnect will ever provide this immediate way
of porting outside material.

Martin-ric Racine            The Atari Stacy and TT030 Homepage
Lappeenranta, Finland          http://members.tripod.com/~TT030/
   "When the time comes, I will know and I shall be."  Q-Funk

Post by Terry Ma » Sun, 05 Dec 1999 04:00:00

>PS: I will not be posting all the news from MagiC online in this group
>(unless there is a strong want for this? :-) I just thought that the above
>articles were rather interesting

Glad you did.  To say that it was interesting is an understatement.

MagiC News(MagiC 7, New Webbrowser, MM 6.1.4)

Post by Bengy Collin » Sun, 05 Dec 1999 04:00:00

>> "Can you imagine MagiC with a built in IConnect compatible stack,
>> this means the end for MiNT/freeMinT/N-AES and other crap."

> Whoever you're quoting this from is a complete idiot.

No, really he's not an idiot, it was said in a very joking-way. (perhaps I
quoted it a little out of context)

Bengy

Post by Odd Skanck » Mon, 06 Dec 1999 04:00:00

> >> "Can you imagine MagiC with a built in IConnect compatible stack,
> >> this means the end for MiNT/freeMinT/N-AES and other crap."

> > Whoever you're quoting this from is a complete idiot.

> No, really he's not an idiot, it was said in a very joking-way. (perhaps I
> quoted it a little out of context)

 Ok, this goes to show what that dude you quoted knows about things. All
I can say is ... Heheheh..

 regards,

MagiC News(MagiC 7, New Webbrowser, MM 6.1.4)

Post by Joakim H?gber » Mon, 06 Dec 1999 04:00:00

Sorry to say this, but this post really pisses me off. :( Agreeable
quote? It may have slipped me by, but is it a common truth that N.AES +
MiNT is crap?

Quote:> Below you will find an agreeable quote from
the
> informant:
> "Can you imagine MagiC with a built in IConnect compatible stack, and
shared
> libraries that makes writing clients very easy? :-))))..... this means
the
> end for MiNT/freeMinT/N-AES and other crap."

I have also hear that the new Milan is impossible to buy with something
else than MagiC installed. Is that a fact?

Things like this makes me seriously considering leaving the Atari world
for good.

WWW:  http://gokmase.atari.org

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

Post by Paul M » Mon, 06 Dec 1999 04:00:00

>MagiC 7 network support! (Dec 4)

>A very reliable contact of MagiC online has informed us of some very
>interesting "rumors". The first one? It is a strong possibility that MagiC
>version 7 will have built-in networking support and that a TCP/IP shared
>lib. is now in final beta. Below you will find an agreeable quote from the
>informant:
>"Can you imagine MagiC with a built in IConnect compatible stack, and shared
>libraries that makes writing clients very easy? :-))))..... this means the
>end for MiNT/freeMinT/N-AES and other crap."

>High End Webbrowser in the works? (Dec 4)

>It's has been speculated for awhile now that ASH is working on a
>"CAB-Replacement" web browser that is to be fast and boast many modern
>features. Recently, some information has came out that suggests that this is
>exactly what ASH is doing, as they need to put a "browser in their catalog
>ASAP."
>The interesting aspect is that these recent rumors say that BOTH the
>Brothers Behne (NVDI) and the two K's (MagiC) are working together on this
>product! This is really something to watch out for.

>MagiCMac now friends with OS 9! (Dec 3)

>Finally, ASH has released a patch to update MagiC Mac 6.x to a state of OS 9
>compatibility. Previously, OS 9 would only work together with MagiC Mac if
>they were ran on older Macintoshes that had the ROM hard coded. (this
>excluded every recent Macintosh, including the original and current
>iMacs/G4's)
>The update is free of charge and can be downloaded from the link below.

>http://www.application-systems.de/magicmac/download.html

>--
>For daily news and information pertaining to MagiC and modern Atari

>(Yes, Its alive again!)

>PS: I will not be posting all the news from MagiC online in this group
>(unless there is a strong want for this? :-) I just thought that the above
>articles were rather interesting

>Bengy

>.

MagiC News(MagiC 7, New Webbrowser, MM 6.1.4)

Post by Bengy Collin » Mon, 06 Dec 1999 04:00:00

Quote:> Sorry to say this, but this post really pisses me off. :( Agreeable
> quote? It may have slipped me by, but is it a common truth that N.AES +
> MiNT is crap?

I dont think that, and I know the person who emailed me does not either. He
is simply a "pro-magic" user.  It shouldn't*you off, as I should
probably not have quoted that anyway, as it adds absolutely no further
information to the news of MagiC 7 networking.  The "agreeable" part was
directed towards the first part of the quote. Can people not see the :-))))
in the message? it is not a serious quote. How could anyone say that mint
etc was crap. I don't think anyone even in this newsgroup has gone that far?

Quote:> I have also hear that the new Milan is impossible to buy with something
> else than MagiC installed. Is that a fact?

I am no spokesman for Milan so I cant say anything about that. I do know
that MagiC Milan will come with it.  If you don't like MagiC, then you can
erase it and install something out. Right now you can only buy the milan
with naes.. so whats the different if its switched around?

Quote:> Things like this makes me seriously considering leaving the Atari world
> for good.

Why?

Take Care,
Bengy

MagiC News(MagiC 7, New Webbrowser, MM 6.1.4)

Post by Martin-Eric Racin » Tue, 07 Dec 1999 04:00:00

Quote:> > if ASH ever release the specs on the IConnect API that is.

> I think if someone set their mind to it the iconnect API
> could be figured out without the help of ash.  ;-)

It has already been released.  It simply is only in German.
Start at http://bengy.atari.org and read the interview with
those iConnect authors and follow the link to their page.

Post by Brian Van TIlbo » Tue, 07 Dec 1999 04:00:00

>>MagiC 7 network support! (Dec 4)

>>A very reliable contact of MagiC online has informed us of some very
>>interesting "rumors". The first one? It is a strong possibility that MagiC

<snip>

Hi Paul

I assume you had something more to say than just requote Bengy's Post>

Later Brian.

Quote:>.

MagiC News(MagiC 7, New Webbrowser, MM 6.1.4)

Post by Mike » Tue, 07 Dec 1999 04:00:00

Yup, by damnit. I want to sell my Falcon040 right now, burn my NAES
disk, and run down to Staples and buy a brand new `puter with Win 2000.
NOT!
I guess I am going to have to install MagiC and see what it is
everyone is pissing and moaning about. I already know what they DON'T
know about MiNT :)

Mikey

Quote:>Sorry to say this, but this post really pisses me off. :( Agreeable
>quote? It may have slipped me by, but is it a common truth that N.AES +
>MiNT is crap?

>> Below you will find an agreeable quote from
>the
>> informant:
>> "Can you imagine MagiC with a built in IConnect compatible stack, and
>shared
>> libraries that makes writing clients very easy? :-))))..... this means
>the
>> end for MiNT/freeMinT/N-AES and other crap."

>I have also hear that the new Milan is impossible to buy with something
>else than MagiC installed. Is that a fact?

>Things like this makes me seriously considering leaving the Atari world
>for good.

>WWW:  http://gokmase.atari.org

>Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
>Before you buy.
>.

1. MagiC Online News/Webbrowser, Interview

New at MagiC Online:

New section: On the horizon. The section will feature up and coming
programs. Featured this month, Highwire, the new webbrowser. Read the
current status, an early snap, interview etc. Next month: Direct, the French
desktop/

New Interview: Didier MEQUIGNON (aniplay Author)

-The download bay is now online again.

-The MagiC OS Webring is also now online.  Users can now submit thier site if
wanted.

MagiC Online: http://bengy.atari-computer.com

Bengy

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

2. Apple II in the UK

3. MagiC Message Board now on MagiC Online

4. Gnocchi al Telefono

5. WTB: magic and magic mac

6. Using an Internet Server as your NTP server

7. MagiC Support Page news

8. reverse ADSL

9. MagiC Online News

10. New MM/1 OS9/68000 Computer

11. NEWS * NEWS * NEWS * NEWS !!!

12. New Interceptor - Llamasoft - Magic Knight site

13. MyAtari magazine and MagiC Online launch new Atari forum