Plea for help: TOS 2.06 image

Post by M J Maise » Mon, 02 Dec 1996 04:00:00

To any helpful souls out there...

I would like to run STonX, for which I need a TOS image (pref. 2.06). I
have an old ST with 2.06 at my parents house (and so I have a license),
but I can't get at it for the moment. I have a Falcon here, but the TOS
from that (of course!) is no use.

I would be very grateful if anyone with a TOS 2.06 machine could run a
small program to dump the ROM (which I'll mail to you) and mail the result
back to me.

If you're willing to take a few minutes to do this, could you drop me an
email (I don't have much time to trawl through mail ATM) and say whether
you would prefer me to send the dumper (only 1K long) MIME or UUencoded?
Thanks again for taking the time to read this message.

Martin Maisey

* - <A HREF="http://www.dur.ac.uk/~d408x2">WWW Home Page </A> - *

Plea for help: TOS 2.06 image

Post by M J Maise » Mon, 02 Dec 1996 04:00:00

: If you're willing to take a few minutes to do this, could you drop me an
: email (I don't have much time to trawl through mail ATM)
                                                 ^^^^
                                          This should, of course, have
                                          been usenet. Sorry.

Martin

Post by M J Maise » Tue, 03 Dec 1996 04:00:00

: I would like to run STonX, for which I need a TOS image (pref. 2.06). I
: have an old ST with 2.06 at my parents house (and so I have a license),
: but I can't get at it for the moment. I have a Falcon here, but the TOS
: from that (of course!) is no use.

Thank you very much to those people who replied - I have this sorted now.

Martin

* - <A HREF="http://www.dur.ac.uk/~d408x2">WWW Home Page </A> - *

1. Tos 2.06 images

Having played with the demo version of Gemulator, using my copy of
Magic and Ease, I was duly impressed, but I have some compatibility
issues which I am certain (from previous experience) would be cured by
using TOS 2.06, which I have already installed into my ST.

Having contacted the author of the above software it was suggested
that I purchase the plug in PC card to use my existing ROM's, but I
have two problems with this:-

1. I've used all the ISA expansion slots in my PC - only PCI left
2. My original Atari won't work without it's ROM's!

As I am looking forward to being able to run some of my original
Atari software, but at considerably higher speed, and buying the full
version of Gemulator, I would be grateful if anyone could supply me
with details of producing a TOS disk image from my existing Atari
ROM's.

Thank you in advance,
Andrew.

<http://www.homepages.enterprise.net/alweekes>
'Life is sexually transmitted, and invariably fatal'

2. Aconr User Disk Bogey

3. Tos 2.06 Images

4. Win 98 SE & Office 2000 Premium

5. Gemulator 96 and Tos 2.06 images