adding a Zip Drive to a STE

Post by Barrie at Keychang » Sun, 24 Aug 2003 20:16:26

Hello.

You should note that if you still only have a parallel port Zip it will not
work on the Atari parallel port.

( Unless someone here knows better.....)

Why do you want to use a Zip instead of a fixed hard drive?

A genuine Cubase will work OK with AHDI and ICD driver software. Mine does.

I may be interested in p/x your parallel port zip for a SCSI zip which will
at least put you in the ball park.

adding a Zip Drive to a STE

Post by urbanvelve » Sun, 24 Aug 2003 21:01:38

hi,

I have a megafile 60 on the STe, but it is nearly full
I need a way of linking my networked PC's  to my Atari STe and I have an old
parallel zip drive* around..
looking inside the megafile, I can't see a way of replacing it with a PC ide
drive...
and as I have a ZIP on my network...I thought I could at least copy the
files across that way..
any ideas?

Quote:> Hello.

> You should note that if you still only have a parallel port Zip it will
not
> work on the Atari parallel port.

> ( Unless someone here knows better.....)

> Why do you want to use a Zip instead of a fixed hard drive?

> A genuine Cubase will work OK with AHDI and ICD driver software. Mine
does.

> I may be interested in p/x your parallel port zip for a SCSI zip which
will
> at least put you in the ball park.

adding a Zip Drive to a STE

Post by Paul Malcol » Sun, 24 Aug 2003 22:08:20

Quote:> but  also I see that CUBASE (midi software that I
> mainly use on my Atari) does not like the latest version

Works fine on my STe using the latest HDDriver software.

Quote:> is this the only place I can purchase the driver from?

No, as I posted earlier you can buy it from The Atari Workshop in the UK
http://www.atari-workshop.co.uk/

PAUL

adding a Zip Drive to a STE

Post by urbanvelve » Mon, 25 Aug 2003 01:09:31

so maybe I read it wrongly... not to worry,..

anyway, I think the end result is that I am not going to be able to use my
parallel zip drive on my STE,
and I don't think there is an easy way to increase the storage capacity of
my megafile 60 with a standard ide drive...?
in the next few weeks I am expecting to receive a Atari Mega2 computer (with
another external HDrive) and a Mega STe with an internal hard drive... I
hope to start using the Mega STe for my music (cubase) and I hope I have
more luck with the Mega STe's SCSI interface...

id expect you will be hearing from me again very soon...concerning the Mega
STe

> > but  also I see that CUBASE (midi software that I
> > mainly use on my Atari) does not like the latest version

> Works fine on my STe using the latest HDDriver software.

> > is this the only place I can purchase the driver from?

> No, as I posted earlier you can buy it from The Atari Workshop in the UK
> http://www.atari-workshop.co.uk/

> PAUL

adding a Zip Drive to a STE

Post by Uwe Seime » Tue, 26 Aug 2003 15:20:53

> but the demo does not support ZIP drives..

The demo does support ZIP drives, but has some general limitations as
listed in the README. The demo cannot be used like a fully functional
driver, as it is just a demo with limited features.

Quote:> I need the full version...but  also I see that CUBASE (midi software that I
> mainly use on my Atari) does not like the latest version..

Registered users where the latest version does not work with Cubase can
additionally get version 7.9 from me, which will work. The problem with
Cubase is that Cubase does not comply to the SCSI standard, which causes
problems with modern hard disk drivers.

Quote:> I was hoping to buy and download HDDriver from their website, but
> unfortunately I have to have it posted to me....

You can purchase HDDRIVER either from me with a German manual or from
System Solutions with an English manual, just as mentioned on the
webpage. There is no way to download the software. You cannot download
the printed manual anyway :).

                                    http://www.seimet.de

adding a Zip Drive to a STE

Post by Barrie at Keychang » Wed, 27 Aug 2003 00:34:50

Hello.

Quote:> hi,

> I have a megafile 60 on the STe, but it is nearly full

You can daisy chain another Megafile 60 onto the one you already have....

In stock.

You can use a genuine copy of HDDriver to format a 100mb zip disc to be
Atari/PC compatible, use the parallel zip on the PC and a SCSI zip on the
Atari to transfer data.